Thursday, December 11, 2014

Handmade Christmas Stocking Holders

Hi!  Today I am up on the Hazel & Ruby blog with a really fun DIY project that will add that perfect handmade touch to your Holiday Decor!



During a recent kitchen makeover, I salvaged these wooden shelf pieces.  My idea was to create a Handmade Stocking Holder using 2 shelves per holder.  I also used salvaged kitchen knobs to use as the stocking 'hook'.

20141206_105822

After a quick spray of Gesso, I applied my Stencil-Masks to each holder, using bits and pieces of 'Holiday Shapes, Words, and Quotes' and 'Nativity'.

20141206_152247

For the perfect Holiday Glitz and Shimmer, I sprayed Krylon's Glitter Blast, in Cherry Bomb over the stencil-masks.  Love this spray!  Using spray's over the stencil-masks really creates crisp, clean lines.  Love it!

20141207_143123

Once the spray was dry, I sanded the edges of each shelf for a rustic, vintage feel.  I assembled the 2 shelf pieces together with screws, and added a door knob to each for the stocking 'hook'.  And done!  I love creating fast and easy DIY, while re-purposing objects into handmade treasures.





2 comments:

Brianna Lynn said...

LOVE repurposed pieces, these are so sweet and those stockings are sooo long, so much room for goodies!

Annette Allen said...

so totally fun and I love your mantel..

2 comments:

Brianna Lynn said...

LOVE repurposed pieces, these are so sweet and those stockings are sooo long, so much room for goodies!

Annette Allen said...

so totally fun and I love your mantel..