Monday, January 26, 2015

Dream as if you will live forever, Art Doll

Hello and Happy Monday!

Since I stepped down from a majority of my Design Teams, I've had some free time on my hands to create projects that are near and dear to my heart - Assemblage mixed media types!

While on Christmas holiday, I created this extra large Art Doll, full of fun little details, vintage findings, and Shimmerz Paints goodness!


I could seriously create these projects all day long.  I love combining little bits & pieces together for a whimsical, one of a kind, mixed media piece!

I added springs I found on a local junkin trip!


A clay heart I created at Art Is You Retreat this past September, and a creepy doll head resin piece, that I molded with Amazing Mold Putty.


The face is another clay photo transfer piece I created at Art Is You, with a camera lens ring around her head.


I backed her dress with vintage paper and findings!



And of course, she is entirely painted with beautiful, shimmery Shimmerz Inklingz and Texturez.

She will be proudly displayed on my studio wall!  I simply adore her! ♥

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Gwen Lafleur said...

This is beautiful! I'm loving seeing more of your assemblage work lately... so cool!

Diana Waite said...

seriously SO cool--LOVE the mix of cool things on your creation!

smcl said...

She is adorable!

jbonomo said...

Stunning! Would not expect anything less from you.....glad you are having fun creating for yourself once again. Miss you though.

4 comments:

Gwen Lafleur said...

This is beautiful! I'm loving seeing more of your assemblage work lately... so cool!

Diana Waite said...

seriously SO cool--LOVE the mix of cool things on your creation!

smcl said...

She is adorable!

jbonomo said...

Stunning! Would not expect anything less from you.....glad you are having fun creating for yourself once again. Miss you though.