Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Map Week - Hazel & Ruby Stenciled Canvas

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

This week, over on the Hazel & Ruby Blog, the Makery Team is sharing DIY projects, inspired by our gorgeous "Maps of the World - Wrap It Up' Paper. 

Today, I am sharing my DIY project, a Stenciled Wall Canvas, created with the Maps of the World Paper, and the Brush Script Stencil-Masks.


I have created several Stenciled Canvases in the past, but this one is a definate FAVE!  I love the simplicity, the aged look, and of course, the gorgeous Map Wrap It Up Paper, peeking from behind the words.

The creative process was simple (that is the beauty of Hazel & Ruby products).  I covered my store-bought canvas with my paper, (using Mod Podge) and let it dry completely.


I then applied the repositionable, re-usable Stencil-Masks to the canvas and sprayed with Liquetex Black Acrylic Spray Paint.  I find the using spray paint with the Stencil-Masks creates a super clean, crisp line.  Just look at the detail.


Because I love the aged and worn look, I sanded the entire canvas, letting the Map Paper peek through the sanded sections.  Once I was happy with my finished project, I sealed the entire canvas with a spray sealer.  And done!  Quick, Easy, and Simply Gorgeous!!

Once I started creating with the Maps of the World Wrap It Up Paper, I just couldn't stop...so I created another quick and easy project - a Framed Wall Art piece.


To create this fun, trendy wall art, I placed several pieces of the Maps of the World Paper behind the frame mat, then added Gold Spray Painted embroidery hoops and Pass the Tissue, Lace is the Place flowers.


And done!  Just like that!

Be sure and stop by the Hazel & Ruby Blog for more DIY inspiration!  Very much On Trend and Very Cool!