Friday, January 9, 2015

Molded Bust Shrine

Hello and Happy Friday!

As many of you may know, I stepped down from many of my Design Team's at the end of 2014.  With my recent move to PA and a new job, I wanted to take a break from my DT commitments and focus of personal and other creative projects.

With more free time available, I can create more of some of my favorite project types - Assemblage and Off The Page!  The project I am sharing with you today was created during a holiday break, and uses some of my favorite products and techniques.


The base of my Molded Bust Shrine is a Paper Whimsy Amazing Alterable. I LOVE using Paper Whimsy alterables and you will see more of these projects in the future.

I created the initial texture on my shine, by heat embossing a stamped image to each piece.  (I used this VLVS stamp).  I then applied several layers (and colors) of Shimmerz Inklingz.  (If you have never tried Shimmerz Inklingz, you must!  They are amazing watercolors, with intense shimmer)

I treated each Shine piece to the same paint technique, the glued the entire shine together.

Now time to create the embellishments.

I molded several Broken Charlotte dolls, using Amazing Crafting Products.


Using bits & pieces from my vintage assemblage stash, I created 'bust stands' from door knobs.  I also added some metal pieces, colored with Alcohol Inks.




In order to keep a coordinated color palette, I covered the metal pieces with gesso, then painted them with the same Shimmerz Inklingz paints.


I am really loving the intricate detail and whimsical look.  I could create these projects all day long.  :)

I hope you enjoyed my Molded Bust Shine.  Thanks for stopping by and Have a great weekend!

p.s. Inspired by my use of Shimmerz products, mention my name in the "Instructions to Merchant' section and get FREE product from Shimmerz.

4 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

Tina, you just continue to amaze me with your beautiful art! This is just awesome...I love reading about your processes...thank you for sharing!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

What a treat to such lovely eye candy on my flight! Oh-la-la-la-lalalalalala! Love all those molded vintage bits! :)

Diana Waite said...

Wow--just WOW!

Eugene Bellion said...

Really inspirational. Thank you!

4 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

Tina, you just continue to amaze me with your beautiful art! This is just awesome...I love reading about your processes...thank you for sharing!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

What a treat to such lovely eye candy on my flight! Oh-la-la-la-lalalalalala! Love all those molded vintage bits! :)

Diana Waite said...

Wow--just WOW!

Eugene Bellion said...

Really inspirational. Thank you!