Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reverse Canvas Tutorial for My Creative Scrapbook



Hi!  As promised, here is  my final project as a Guest Designer for My Creative Scrapbook.  

I have enjoyed my brief time creating with the amazing Design Team and would like to thank Pam and Kris for allowing me to share in my passion for creating.  Please be sure to stop by the MCS blog for more tutorial projects, ideas, and how-to's.

Today, I am sharing a quick and easy way to use your My Creative Scrapbook kits to create handmade Home Decor and wall art!


Follow along for a short tutorial on how to create your own reverse canvas!

1.  Flip canvas around so the back side is now the front.  Cover the entire surface with gesso.


2.  Using a favorite stencil, add texture and interest to the canvas by applying modeling paste (or whipped spackle) to the canvas.


3.  Spray stenciled surface with several shades of your favorite Spray Mist.


4.  Mute Spray Mist color by painting a thin layer of gesso to surface.


5.  Add more depth of color by painting stenciled (and gesso'd) surface with pearlized water color(s) until you achieve the desired color.
(to be honest, I didn't care for the bright colors of the Spray Mist, so I painted the surface with Gesso to add the water color paint.  Gesso is a wonderful thing! :)  )


6.  Add colored modeling paste (Dazzelerz by Shimmerz Paints) to outside and inside edge of canvas.


7.  Add pretty patterned paper to inside of canvas.  


8.  Adhere layered stickers to center of patterned paper.  Also adhere photo corners to inside section.



Enjoy!

I hope you enjoyed my quick and easy project today!  As always, thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

Diana Waite said...

I love the dot affect--seriously gives the frame SO Much more--GORGEOUS!

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Awesome work using the kit, I adore your tutorial on this canvas, wonderful design idea.

aryh884 aryh884 said...

台中徵信社價格,出軌,工商徵信,外遇,財務公司
徵信協會 ,合法徵信社,免費法律諮詢,外遇徵兆,
台中徵信社,免費諮詢律師,法律諮詢,徵信,徵信社,抓姦,花蓮徵信社,徵信社工作
心理醫生,捉姦,新竹徵信社,徵信社收費,徵信公司
基隆徵信社,捉猴,尋人徵信社,女人徵信社,合法徵信社,外遇徵兆,法律諮詢免費
外遇搜證,徵信社推薦,尋人啟事,徵信社工作,台中徵信社,女人徵信社
蒐證,女人徵信,桃園徵信社,婚外情,法律諮詢
徵信社工作,財產徵信,第三者,尋人查址
彰化徵信社,台中徵信,免費法律諮詢,雲林徵信社工作,出軌
合法徵信社,法律諮詢,免費法律諮詢,律師,婚姻挽回,徵信社價格
台中徵信公司,通姦,離婚,婚姻,高雄徵信社
外遇解析,女人徵信社,外遇抓姦,法律諮詢服務,
免費法律諮詢,外遇蒐證
外遇抓姦

Kathy Adams said...

I just did an article in Scrap n' Art magazine for the February issue about the trend of reverse canvases, then here you are doing one! You are so trendy! Love it!!

Kimberly Kett said...

Love that great texture!

5 comments:

Diana Waite said...

I love the dot affect--seriously gives the frame SO Much more--GORGEOUS!

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Awesome work using the kit, I adore your tutorial on this canvas, wonderful design idea.

aryh884 aryh884 said...

台中徵信社價格,出軌,工商徵信,外遇,財務公司
徵信協會 ,合法徵信社,免費法律諮詢,外遇徵兆,
台中徵信社,免費諮詢律師,法律諮詢,徵信,徵信社,抓姦,花蓮徵信社,徵信社工作
心理醫生,捉姦,新竹徵信社,徵信社收費,徵信公司
基隆徵信社,捉猴,尋人徵信社,女人徵信社,合法徵信社,外遇徵兆,法律諮詢免費
外遇搜證,徵信社推薦,尋人啟事,徵信社工作,台中徵信社,女人徵信社
蒐證,女人徵信,桃園徵信社,婚外情,法律諮詢
徵信社工作,財產徵信,第三者,尋人查址
彰化徵信社,台中徵信,免費法律諮詢,雲林徵信社工作,出軌
合法徵信社,法律諮詢,免費法律諮詢,律師,婚姻挽回,徵信社價格
台中徵信公司,通姦,離婚,婚姻,高雄徵信社
外遇解析,女人徵信社,外遇抓姦,法律諮詢服務,
免費法律諮詢,外遇蒐證
外遇抓姦

Kathy Adams said...

I just did an article in Scrap n' Art magazine for the February issue about the trend of reverse canvases, then here you are doing one! You are so trendy! Love it!!

Kimberly Kett said...

Love that great texture!