Hi! As promised, here is my final project as a Guest Designer for My Creative Scrapbook.
I have enjoyed my brief time creating with the amazing Design Team and would like to thank Pam and Kris for allowing me to share in my passion for creating. Please be sure to stop by the MCS blog for more tutorial projects, ideas, and how-to's.
Today, I am sharing a quick and easy way to use your My Creative Scrapbook kits to create handmade Home Decor and wall art!
Follow along for a short tutorial on how to create your own reverse canvas!
1. Flip canvas around so the back side is now the front. Cover the entire surface with gesso.
2. Using a favorite stencil, add texture and interest to the canvas by applying modeling paste (or whipped spackle) to the canvas.
3. Spray stenciled surface with several shades of your favorite Spray Mist.
4. Mute Spray Mist color by painting a thin layer of gesso to surface.
5. Add more depth of color by painting stenciled (and gesso'd) surface with pearlized water color(s) until you achieve the desired color.
(to be honest, I didn't care for the bright colors of the Spray Mist, so I painted the surface with Gesso to add the water color paint. Gesso is a wonderful thing! :) )
6. Add colored modeling paste (Dazzelerz by Shimmerz Paints) to outside and inside edge of canvas.
7. Add pretty patterned paper to inside of canvas.
8. Adhere layered stickers to center of patterned paper. Also adhere photo corners to inside section.
I hope you enjoyed my quick and easy project today! As always, thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!