Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Antique Heart Burlap Canvas

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday, I was up on the Hazel & Ruby Blog with a new project - a Heart inspired Burlap Canvas.

In celebration of the month of LOVE,  I wanted to create a simple canvas, but with a vintage flair.


To build  my canvas, I started by applying a heart stencil-mask from the Everyday Words set to a piece of raw bark.  Using Krylon Cedar Wood Stain, I sprayed the mask and removed it to let the spray stain dry.  (it took a couple of days for the stain to completely dry).


To finish the raw edge of  my bark, I used a blanket stitch around the entire edge in a contrasting wax thread.  I really love how it turned out.

To finish my vintage look, I added a resin Broken Charlotte doll to a set of wings and a twine bow.



For a bit of whimsy, I glued 2 vintage keys to the bottom of my canvas to be used as a 'stand'.  Just a little detail, but adds the perfect little touch.



The perfect thing about my Love inspired canvas is that it can be displayed year round.  Since I didn't go with the typical red/pink color scheme, it will fit into my home decor style perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!


No comments:

No comments: