Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Silhouette Chalk Art, using Hazel & Ruby Stencil-Masks andCraftwell's eBrush

Hello and Happy Wednesday!  Today, I am up on the Hazel & Ruby blog with a super cool, AND super easy project - Silhouette Chalk Art.


I bought these cute little chalkboard frames at Michael's in the 'Dollar' Bin.  (okay - so they were $1.50 each).  I wasn't sure what I wanted to use them for, so they went to the 'future project' pile.

The simply wonderful folks at Craftwell sent a few of the Hazel & Ruby Makery Team members an eBrush Machine.  Have you seen it?  It's a super cool, super addicting, and super fun airbrush machine, that uses everyday markers as the 'paint'.

So my mind immediately went to work on what to create, when I thought, "I wonder if the Chalk Marker that is included in the Hazel & Ruby Chalk Art Tool Kit will work with the eBrush".

So I pulled it out, and tried it!  Viola!  It works.  While there isn't an exact adapter for the eBrush that the Chalk Marker fits into, I held the marker in place while using the eBrush wand.  Easy Peasy!


I placed my stencil-masks on the chalkboard frames (these cuties are from the Child's Play Stencil-Mask set)


I masked off the edges of the frames to reduce the amount of overspray, but to be honest, there wasn't much anyway.  You can really control the spray mist where you want it to go.


And the finished frames!  This project took a total of 5 minutes to make.  Love that!


I was having so much fun playing with my new toy, I wanted to see how it worked on fabric.

So I cut a design, using my Silhouette Cameo on a sheet of 'Cut Your Own Stencil' material.  These sheets of Cut Your Own Stencil material from Hazel & Ruby are genius!  I find myself pulling them out over and over again.

Since the eBrush is a fine, controlled spray, I choose a intricate folk art design for my experimentation.


It worked beautifully, and here's the 'finished' piece, dyed with coffee to give it a vintage, worn look.


I used basic Sharpie markers (3 different colors), letting them blend and mix.  I added a bit of hand stitching to add to the handmade look.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this.  My first thought was to use it as a cover for an altered book, but who knows!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

No comments: