Friday, March 6, 2015

Art Journal Planner - March 2015

Hello and Happy Friday!  It's time for my next month of Art Journal Planner!  Today, I am sharing my March Art Journal Planner reveal!

In January, I introduced this new monthly series HERE!  Each month, I will share my finished pages and how I completed my previous month's calendar.

For a peek at February, click HERE!

This amazing Art Journal Planner was created my fabulous and wonderful creative friend, Catherine Matthews-Scanlon.  She has created an amazing base for a year long journal of recording my thoughts and feelings, while getting creative at the same time.


Catherine is also playing along with me this month.  Please take a minute and check out her Art Journal Planner HERE!

Let's start with my finished February Calendar.  I was inspired by the typical February color palette of pinks and reds!  I wanted a soft and pale theme for the month.  I used Shimmerz Paints to complete my monthly spread.


As before, I highlighted special days, favorite quotes, and inspiring song lyrics during the month. I also included whimsical flowers as a design element.


Some days were combined if a feeling or thought carried over through several days.



As a reminder of my OLW - I included lyrics to a Daughtry song, 'Home'.  One of my favorites!




I love the color palette and softness of February! 


But the fun didn't stop there...

I also painted a couple of the gorgeous Original Catherine Scanlon drawings, included in the planner.

My first page has a black & white theme, with more soft, pale blue's and green's!


It was painted with Shimmerz Spray Mists and uni Posca Acrylic markers.







My 2nd page was painted with Water Soluble Neo Color II Crayons!  Love these!



I love the soft, subtle water color look with the Neo Color II Crayons.





And my March Calendar header, completed using the same product.



I cannot wait to complete March!  See you this time next month for a new reveal!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

p.s. If you were inspired by my use of Shimmerz products, when you place an order, please mention my name in the 'Instructions to Merchant' section.  You will receive FREE Shimmerz product! Easy Peasy!


1 comment:

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

I just love how you are using my planner -- always so creative and your color choices are amazing. THANK you -- have a lovely weekend!! xoxo

1 comment:

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

I just love how you are using my planner -- always so creative and your color choices are amazing. THANK you -- have a lovely weekend!! xoxo