Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Clay Inchie Mosaic Wall Hanging

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

Today, I am sharing a super fun project that was started a few weeks ago, that I finally finished up.  :)



Last September, I attended the 'Art Is You' retreat in Petaluma, CA.  I had SO much fun and am saving my pennies so I can attend another 'Art Is You' retreat in the future. 

One of the classes I attended with taught by the incredible Laurie Mika, who is a fabulous clay artist.  She is responsible for my new found love for creating with clay.  I had never used clay as an art form before my class, but I now have added it to my list of creative play options.

(Here's a peak at the clay project I created during the class)






Using the techniques Laurie taught us in class, I stamped, painted, and embellished my inchie clay squares.  I knew I wanted to create a mosaic with them after they were done, but wasn't sure on the end result.



The base for my mosaic wall hanging was a pre-painted wooden wall hanging I bought from Michaels.  I didn't  care for the pre-painted color, but that was easily changed with a coat of paint.  (I used PaperArtsy Fresco Paints and Crackle Glaze for my base).

Instead of a basic mosaic piece, I painted a few Amazing Alterable pieces from Paper Whimsy, using the same PaperArtsy Fresco paints and glued them to the mosaic center.




This now is proudly displayed on my bedroom wall!  I can't wait to create another clay project!  What should I create next?  ;)

As always, thank you for stopping by!  Have a great week!

No comments:

No comments: