Thursday, March 26, 2015

Handmade Art Journal

Hi...

Happy Thursday!

Yesterday, I was up on the Hazel & Ruby blog with a project that is near and dear to my heart! ♥ Art Journaling!

I have several Art Journals going at the same time.  A couple are traveling the world, getting filled with wonderful pages by my creative friends and a couple are here, in my Art 'studio', getting filled as the inspiration hits.  But you can never have enough I say!  ;)



The cover(s) for my journal are several thick chipboard covers from 7gypsies.  I sprayed them with Gesso and spritzed them with Snow Storm Vibez from Shimmerz, for just a bit of glimmer.

I embellished my cover to 2 molded resin pieces created from tidbits of my PA junkin' trips.  I used Amazing Crafting Product Mold Putty and Casting Resin.  My go-to products for mold making.  My chipboard alphas are from UmWowStudios.

I wanted several special chipboard inserts, so I covered 4 thick chipboard pages with one of my favorite DIY Decor Tapes, Color Me Floral.  This tape has an endless amount of creative options, and I find myself reaching for it over and over.

Using the technique I highlighted in this blog post, I painted my covered chipboard pages with Shimmerz Paints.  Once dry, I outlines the design with black and white pens.  I am in love with this look, and have used it on several Art Journal pages and projects.










To assemble my Art Journal, I punched holes (with my Cinch) in cut-to-size (5x7) heavy weight watercolor paper, my covers, and inserts and bound it together with wire coil. 

Now I have a great little journal that can bee easily carried with my in my purse, just ready when the inspire hits!


I would love to see your handmade Art Journal creations.  Please share them with me in the comments!  

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

fastcare said...

I really like your blog
Thanks for sharing
We specialize in providing services thay man hinh zenfone and thay man hinh zenfone 4 prestige cheap

1 comment:

fastcare said...

I really like your blog
Thanks for sharing
We specialize in providing services thay man hinh zenfone and thay man hinh zenfone 4 prestige cheap