Tuesday, March 3, 2015

House Patchwork Mixed Media Framed Art

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

It's been a few days since I've shared on my blog, so today, I thought I'd share a quick post, featuring a House Paper Patchwork Mixed Media Framed Art project.

Since I recently moved across country for a new job in PA (okay, so really an old job, new again), I wanted to decorate my house my my own artwork and home decor pieces.

My OLW for 2015 is 'home' and I wanted to create something that served as a daily reminder of my word. 

For my House Paper Patchwork wall art, I adhered strips of patterned paper to 3 flat panel canvases with Mod Podge. Once this dried, I drew house shaped images on each flat panel canvas and painted the outside with a white/tan paint. 




I embellished each house with doodling and rub-on's, then added a heat embossed stamped border to each panel.




To finish each house off, I added a molded resin star, painted to match.


I wanted to display these in my main bathroom, so I framed each panel in a extra deep frame, protected behind a sheet of glass.  I love how they turned out! 

I hope you have a great week!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Tina these are so lovely and the dimensional stars are the perfect touch. I think I might have to use these as some amazing art journal inspiration <3

1 comment:

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Tina these are so lovely and the dimensional stars are the perfect touch. I think I might have to use these as some amazing art journal inspiration <3