Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pine Wood Derby Challenge! This is how creative friends PARTY!

Hi...

Happy Wednesday!

I have a super fun post for you today that is sure to inspire!

A couple months back, a few of my creative friends and I decided to host a Pine Wood Derby Challenge.  The idea was to all start with the same blank Pine Wood Derby car, then make it over is whatever style inspired you!  Be prepared!  The results are amazing!  

This was the blank we all started with...


You could add whatever you wanted to make your car, you just had to start with this blank.

I pulled bits & pieces from my vintage junkin' shoppin', with lots of crackled, aged goodness!  And here's my take on the challenge!


I used red metal wheels are larger accents for the plastic kit wheels, which were further aged with extra thick embossing powder.


I created my own wooden create with sticks, glue, and more aged goodness.  For a bit of whimsy, I added twine with baubles to the top edge.


My 'driver' was created by using a face clipart embedded into a small metal funnel.  Super fun!

I also added some bits of hardware to create my 'headlights' and for more details on my wheels.



And you can't forget a license plate!





My sister, Tracy Krueger played along with us too!  She doesn't blog, so I thought I'd share her Pine Wood Derby creation with ya'll!  



You can tell she loves the vintage look too!  Just look at the texture!  Super Yum!



And some close-ups of her wonderful details!




She didn't forget a license plate either!



I told ya it was fun!  :)

Wanna see a peek of what the other's created?  Here's a group collage!


I'd love for you to take a closer look at the other Pine Wood Derby cars, so here's a link up party, with links to everyone's car blog post!  I am sure they will all love a visit and hello!




I really love collaborative projects with my creative friends.  I am working on another that I should be able to share soon! So stay tuned!


As always, thank you for stopping by!  Have a terrific week!

 

7 comments:

Katie smith said...

LOVE yours cars! Tina, I really like your "driver", and it looks like your Sister is just as talented as you! :)

Love the texture on both cars.

Cat Kerr said...

There is just so much to look at!! Love love love them!!

Moongirl said...

I love these! What a great idea!

melsartjournal said...

Both of your cars are just too awesome!! I love the details in your car, Tina!! And Tracy's textures and colors (not the mention that awesome license plate!) are so neat! :)

cozienookhomestead said...

I absolutely love your cars! I love all the vintage finds..........totally awesome!!!!

Annie Claxton said...

What a brilliant idea, love your car and Tracy's, what an inspiration! :o)

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Tina thanks so much for hosting such a fun and creatively different challenge! I had so much fun playing along. You car is so whimsical and amazingly steampunk... right out of the 1900s. There are so many details to see. I'm not sure if my favorite touch is the raised wheels or the little fence on top... I LOVE it ALL!

7 comments:

Katie smith said...

LOVE yours cars! Tina, I really like your "driver", and it looks like your Sister is just as talented as you! :)

Love the texture on both cars.

Cat Kerr said...

There is just so much to look at!! Love love love them!!

Moongirl said...

I love these! What a great idea!

melsartjournal said...

Both of your cars are just too awesome!! I love the details in your car, Tina!! And Tracy's textures and colors (not the mention that awesome license plate!) are so neat! :)

cozienookhomestead said...

I absolutely love your cars! I love all the vintage finds..........totally awesome!!!!

Annie Claxton said...

What a brilliant idea, love your car and Tracy's, what an inspiration! :o)

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Tina thanks so much for hosting such a fun and creatively different challenge! I had so much fun playing along. You car is so whimsical and amazingly steampunk... right out of the 1900s. There are so many details to see. I'm not sure if my favorite touch is the raised wheels or the little fence on top... I LOVE it ALL!