Friday, March 20, 2015

Possibility begins with Imagination!

Hello and Happy Friday!

If you've been following me recently, you know that I totally LOVE creating assemblage type projects!  I love combining bits and pieces together to create something unique, with a bit of whimsy!  Today, I have one of my latest creations to share with you.


Today's project was created with odd n ends found in my assemblage drawer(s).  I spy some Prima Marketing metal pieces, Tim Holtz findings, Watch pieces, and vintage milk can lids.

In order to pull odd-n-ends together, I always cover everything with gesso, then paint them in coordinating colors.  This way, it doesn't matter if the metal or findings are gold, silver, or pre-painted.  They can be used regardless of color. 


I embedded my gold bee (colored with Ranger Gold Metallic Alcohol ink), in Clear Casting Resin from Amazing Crafting Products.  (love this stuff).  It looks like it was caught in centuries old resin, captured in time.  The casing is a vintage pocket watch, heat embossed for added texture.


The pocket watch sits on an old red/white milk bottle cap, that I covered in gesso and painted to match.  You can never tell it was red and white!

I also colored my Tim Holtz sentiment with alcohol ink and hung it from my circular centerpiece with clips. 


This now proudly hangs in my Art Room as a daily reminder that anything is possible, as long as you can dream it!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!