Monday, April 6, 2015

Art Journal Planner - April 2015

Hi...

Hello and Happy Monday!  It's time for my next month of Art Journal Planner!  Today, I am sharing my April Art Journal Planner reveal!

In January, I introduced this new monthly series HERE!  Each month, I will share my finished pages and how I completed my previous month's calendar.

For a peek at March, click HERE!

This amazing Art Journal Planner was created my fabulous and wonderful creative friend, Catherine Matthews-Scanlon.  She has created an amazing base for a year long journal of recording my thoughts and feelings, while getting creative at the same time.


Catherine is also playing along with me this month.  Please take a minute and check out her Art Journal Planner HERE!

Let's start with my finished March Calendar.  I was inspired by a Springy March color palette of greens, blues, purples, and orange and wanted the page to feel fresh and new! I also used lots of doodles, one of my favorite things to do.

Zig, Wink of Stella Markers and Water Soluable Neo Colors II crayons were used to complete my monthly spread.


As before, I highlighted special days, and favorite quotes, during the month. I also hand drawn doodles as a design element.


I love to combine days, to emphasize a shared feeling or thought carried over through several days.








I love the color palette and freshness of March!

But the fun didn't stop there...

I also painted a couple of the gorgeous Original Catherine Scanlon drawings, included in the planner.

My first page was created with more Wink of Stella Markers, and also has the same color Springy color palette.




These markers are full of glimmer and shine.  You can see hints of it in these close-ups.





My 2nd page was painted with a combination of Wink Of Stella Markers and Shimmerz Paints.



I love the tone on tone look, with pops of color!  I also added some random doodling on top of my flowers for a personal touch.






In addition to my hand painted Floral pages, I embellished my front and back covers with more Catherine Scanlon Stamps.

This is the inside of the front cover.  I had previously painted the cover with several colors of distress paint.  I stamped/heat embossed  the 'Stacked' stamp, and painted the tea cups and border with Shimmerz Paints.


I stamped my title with old Studio Calico alpha stamps and the border with a Ranger stamp.



As with my front cover, I had previously painted the cover with Distress Paints.  I stamped/heat embossed the 'Fifteen Orbs' stamp repeatedly, and added more color with Paper Artsy Acrylic paints.


I seriously love this stamp and love how it turned out.








Lastly, here's a peek at my April main page and Calendar header.  For April, I'm using more Shimmerz Paints.





and you'll see a small peek at my April Calendar in progress.



I cannot wait to complete April!  See you this time next month for a new reveal!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

p.s. If you were inspired by my use of Shimmerz products, when you place an order, please mention my name in the 'Instructions to Merchant' section.  You will receive FREE Shimmerz product! Easy Peasy!

1 comment:

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

I am just in awe of the beautiful pages you've created -- yet again. My favorite is the tone on tone one, I"m not usually into browns but this really is gorgeous, the light blue adds the perfect pop of color!

THANK you, amazing work again!

1 comment:

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

I am just in awe of the beautiful pages you've created -- yet again. My favorite is the tone on tone one, I"m not usually into browns but this really is gorgeous, the light blue adds the perfect pop of color!

THANK you, amazing work again!