Friday, April 10, 2015

Plain Containers Prettied-Up with DIY Decor Tape

Hi...

Happy Friday!

Today, I am up on the Hazel & Ruby blog with a super quick project - Prettied-Up Containers!

I am sure you are like me and have tons of empty, plain containers just laying around.  I buy them with the intention of getting organized and filling them full of pretties!  But somehow, I never get around to organizing.

So instead of organizing and filling my containers full of pretties, why not Prettify them Up?  (I am positive that is not a word - but works for me)


I gathered up one of my favorite DIY Decor Tapes, 4" Gold, and wrapped it around the lower half of my container.  I actually was able to use 1 piece on 2 containers, cutting it in half, lengthwise.  Stick it on!


I then added a piece of ribbon and twine, all wrapped up in a nice bow.  


I die-cut several circular shapes with my Spellbinders Grand Calibur, using several Gold Facets dies. I attached them together with a brad and glued them in place.

The lid was a plain silver color, so I painted them in a coordinating blue color.  Perfect!




And done!  Just like that!  Now I have 2 Prettied-Up Containers that look fantastic on my shelf!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

No comments: