Monday, May 11, 2015

Art Journal Planner - May 2015

Hi...

Hello and Happy Monday!  It's time for my next month of Art Journal Planner!  Today, I am sharing my May Art Journal Planner reveal!

In January, I introduced this new monthly series HERE!  Each month, I will share my finished pages and how I completed my previous month's calendar.

For a peek at April, click HERE!

This amazing Art Journal Planner was created my fabulous and wonderful creative friend, Catherine Matthews-Scanlon.  She has created an amazing base for a year long journal of recording my thoughts and feelings, while getting creative at the same time.


Catherine is also playing along with me this month.  Please take a minute and check out her Art Journal Planner HERE!

Let's start with my finished April Calendar.  I was inspired by a some of my favorite color palettes, Orange, Yellow, and Purple.  I featured lots of stamping this month, using some of my favorite Dina Wakley stamps as inspiration for my daily journals.

I used a variety of Shimmerz Paints, Tombow Markers, and Zig, Wink of Stella Markers to complete my monthly spread.




As before, I highlighted special days, and favorite quotes, during the month. I also used stamping as inspiration for the month's theme.


I love to combine days, to emphasize a shared feeling or thought carried over through several days.






I am crushing on the colors I used for April!  And I love how the stamping really inspired my 'she' theme.

But the fun didn't stop there...

I also painted a one of the gorgeous Original Catherine Scanlon drawings, included in the planner.

I wanted to create a unique color palette and design, so I used several coordinating shades of Shimmerz Sprays with Zig, Wink of Stella Markers.


I also added my own design to the page with doodles in both black and white.






I am beginning to journal on the extra, blank pages in my Art Journal Planner, and this month, I completed 2 spreads.

My 1st page was painted with a combination of Distress Paints, Shimmerz Paints, and embossing.


I used one of Catherine Scanlon's stamp sets on this page with a favorite quote.







In addition to my hand painted Floral pages, I embellished my front and back covers with more Catherine Scanlon Stamps.

My 2nd page was inspired by Opposites.  I used opposite words as my journaling.






and you'll see a small peek at my May Calendar in progress.



I cannot wait to complete May!  See you this time next month for a new reveal!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

p.s. If you were inspired by my use of Shimmerz products, when you place an order, please mention my name in the 'Instructions to Merchant' section.  You will receive FREE Shimmerz product! Easy Peasy!

 

No comments:

No comments: