Monday, May 18, 2015

Etched Floral Mason Jars

Hi...

Happy Monday!

I have another super fun, super trendy, and totally cool DIY project to share with y'all today! 
Over on the Hazel & Ruby blog, several of the Makery Team members were challenged to create with Mason Jars and and here's what we created!


Using several Mason Jars purchased from my local Michaels store, I created an Etched Floral Mason Jar project to brings the outside in!


I created the 'base' of my display with a small section of a re-cycled pallet.  I sanded and spray painted the board before attaching the Mason Jars.

 To prepare my Mason Jars for etching, I followed the manufacturers directions on cleaning and drying the jars.  (I used Martha Stewart etching cream - also purchased from Michaels)  

To create my Mason Jar sentiments/words, I cut 3 words using my Silhouette Cameo and Hazel & Ruby 'Cut Your Own Stencil' sheets.  These sheets are seriously a DIY'ers dream!  You can create ANYTHING with these sheets!  

My sentiments/words include: 'bloom', 'flower', and 'thrive'.



Another great thing about the 'Cut Your Own Stencil' sheets, is that they are somewhat 'sticky' and easiely hold onto the glass while applying the Etching Cream.  They formed around the shape so I was able to get a clean line.


I applied the etching cream (per the directions) and washed off after 15 minutes.  It was SO easy and I am now hooked!  I wonder what else I can create with etching cream!



To hold my Mason Jars to my pallet plank, I screwed 3 pipe clamps to the board, eye-balling the placement.  


All that was left was to add water and beautiful flowers!  



It is now proudly displayed in my main bathroom and brings the colorful outside world in.  I am thinking that I may change out the Mason Jars with new ones, with the words: 'cotton', 'gauze', and 'swabs', and fill the jars accordingly.  What do you think?  

Be sure and check out the Hazel & Ruby blog to see what the rest of the Makery Team created!  Amazing projects!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Katie smith said...

I really need to try glass etching one of these days! Your project turned out so beautiful!

Lindsay Eidahl said...

I love, love, love this project! So pretty!

2 comments:

Katie smith said...

I really need to try glass etching one of these days! Your project turned out so beautiful!

Lindsay Eidahl said...

I love, love, love this project! So pretty!