Friday, May 22, 2015

Patriotic Decor - Paper Mache boxes and Hazel & Ruby DIY Decor Tape

Hi...

Happy Friday and Happy Day Before a Long Weekend!  ;)

Today, I am up on the Hazel & Ruby blog with a project celebrating Memorial Day and all of those who have served our wonderful country!


I have to be honest, this is one of those projects that was so easy to create, I thought I was doing something wrong.  :)

I used 3 different sized paper mache boxes, purchased from Michaels for my Patriotic decor.

I covered each box with 8" Americana DIY Decor Tape.   The tape has the stars and stripes connected, but I thought it would be a fun twist to cut the stars and use them on my box lids.  DIY Decor Tape is so easy to use - stick and go!

(hint - I cut my DIY Decor Tape with an Xcto knife.  You get a clean, crisp cut)



For just a bit more personality, I added some twine and painted wooden stars to each box.  Stack 'em and your done!

I told you it was almost so easy it's wrong!




I really love the simplicity of the project, but it's overall impact and meaning!

I hope you enjoyed!  Have a Happy Memorial Day and Thank You for your service!

No comments:

No comments: