Monday, June 8, 2015

Art Journal Planner - June 2015

Hi...

Hello and Happy Monday!  It's time for my next month of Art Journal Planner!  

Today, I am sharing my June Art Journal Planner reveal! In January, I introduced this new monthly series HERE!  Each month, I will share my finished page and how I completed my previous month's calendar.

For a peek at May, click HERE!  

This amazing Art Journal Planner was created by my fabulous and wonderfully creative friend, Catherine Matthews-Scanlon. She has created an amazing base for a year long journey of recording my thoughts and feelings, while getting creative at the same time.  Catherine is also playing along with me this month.  Please take a minute and check out her Art Journal Planner HERE! Let's start with my finished May Calendar. I was inspired by Washi Tape, Type Font, and some of my favorite colors: blue, green, and red.  I used Shimmerz Paints to create a wash on the background, and  Zig, Wink of Stella Markers, and Tombow Markers, for my daily doodles.



 
I used washi tape as a design element, doodling over top the tape.  I also experimented with multiple fonts throughout the month, highlighting special days. 






But the fun didn't stop there.   

I also painted a one of the gorgeous Original Catherine Scanlon drawings, that I had previously purchased, not included in the planner.  



I created the background using multiple colors of Distress Paint, then doodled over top the flowers and design elements.




I am also journaling on the the extra, blank pages in my Art Journal Planner, and this month, I completed 2 additional spreads. 


My 1st page was created with one of my favorite Stencil Girl stencils and several shades of Shimmerz Sprays


Using the design elements of the sprayed background I added my own doodles and words.  





My 2nd page was created from my 'experiment drawer'.  


I had a vellum page that was created by floating acrylic paint on water.  I added my handmade stamp images to the page, doodles, and quote.  I'll add it to my Art Journal Planner with Mod Podge.



I completed one final page for May.  Lots of yummy Shimmerz Inklingz here.  Love the metallic look.





Here's a small peek at my June calendar spread.  I can't wait to complete it.  



See you this time next month for my next reveal.  Thank you for stopping by!  


p.s.  If you were inspired by any of the Shimmerz Products used above, mention my name in the 'Instructions to Merchant' section, and receive free product!  Easy Peasy!

No comments:

No comments: