Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Art Journal Quarter Swap

Hi...

and Happy Wednesday!

If you follow me on Facebook, you will see my posts about creative collaborations and Art Swaps.  Today, I am sharing the results of a past collaboration with some of my favorite creative people.  We participated in an Art Journal Quarter swap and here are the details.

I saw a similar idea on Pinterest, where Art Journal pages were 'cut up' and shared and used amongst fellow creatives.  I thought it would be fun to create an Art Journal quarter swap, where each individual in a group, created an Art Journal page, then cut it into 4 equal sizes.  3 of the pieces are mailed to the other participants and when you were done, you had a completed Art Journal page.  

We had a lot of interest in the collaboration, so three teams were created.  I participated on 3 separate teams, to I was able to get multiple quarters for my final creation.

Here's a peek at my completed Art Journal page, before I cut it into quarters.





I created similar pages for each group, which made it super easy to finish.

Here's some close-ups.




Once I received all of my quarters, I stitched them together to create ONE large piece.  Here's some close-ups of the stitched piece.  




I FREAKIN' LOVE how this turned out!  The color and design looks great!  I want to do this again and have a wall full of creative pieces!


To finish the look, I framed the stitched page and it is now ready to hang in my art studio.


I want to thank my creative friends below, for sharing their masterpieces (and fun) with me!  This is one of my favorite artworks on display in my house!

Katie Smith (x2)
 Martha Richardson
 Melissa Johnson
Moira Richardson
Robyn Crowningshield
Stacy Croninger
Susan Brown

You will definitely be seeing more collaboration type projects from me in the future.  By the way, check back on Thursday for a post about my most recent.  

As always, thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

No comments: