Thursday, June 4, 2015

Ever thought of painting on a Paint Stick? Check this out!

Hi...

Happy Thursday!  Today, I have a super fun post for y'all!  This year, I have really been focusing on art collaborations and love to create and swap art with my fellow artists!  I have sponsored several collaborations so far thus year.  If you missed out on those projects, no fear, here's links to each post.

Art Journal Quarters
Pine Wood Derby Challenge

My latest collaboration features something we are all familiar with, but don't ever think of creating on it:  A Paint Stick!



The concept was simple, 'borrow' several paint sticks from your local hardware store, and create and swap.  Any product and medium was allowed!  We each created three (3) or more and swapped 3 to our fellow creative friends.  Here's a peek at all of the Artsy Paint Sticks!




To create my sticks, I lined them up together and created as if they were one piece.  I love how pieces of modeling paste and color transformed from one piece to another.  



Using some favorite stencils, I applied modeling paste to the sticks and let dry completely.  I then 'colored' the sticks with several shades of Shimmerz Sprays and Shimmerz Inklinz.  Love the subtle shimmer and pooling of color around the modeling paste.  





To create a 'finished' look, I painted black acrylic paint to the edges and back of each stick.  Done!



When I get all of my swap sticks, I would like to place them in a picture frame and hang!  Won't that be a cool piece of art?  I'll be sure and share a picture of the finished project!

Be sure and hop on over to my creative friends blogs for a peek at their Paint Stick Art!

Brianna Marshall
 DeeDee Catron
 Melissa Johnson
 Michele Kosciolek
 Sara Vukson
Susan Brown
 Tina Walker


Be sure and keep an eye on Facebook for future collaboration projects.  

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

melsartjournal said...

As always I love your use of color and texture, these look great!! Thanks for organizing the swap, it was so much fun!

DeeDee Catron said...

Your paint sticks are utterly delicious. I love the texture AND the color scheme. it's a bit retro? but .. not? God. they are GOOD!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Tina - thanks so much for hosting another fabulous swap. This one was so much fun and everyone's makes are so uniquely different and full of inspiration. Your sticks are so lucious with color and texture. I can't wait to see it in person and hang my sticks up on my studio wall. Looking forward to our next arty adventure! <3

by belle said...

The texture and colors...ohlala! Thank you for organizing such an inspirational swap. I will be sending you a painty surprise. ;)

Brianna Lynn said...

LOVE your stick, the colors are so dreamy, like rainbow sherbert! so happy to have one! I too planned to frame mine, such a fun swap! :)

5 comments:

melsartjournal said...

As always I love your use of color and texture, these look great!! Thanks for organizing the swap, it was so much fun!

DeeDee Catron said...

Your paint sticks are utterly delicious. I love the texture AND the color scheme. it's a bit retro? but .. not? God. they are GOOD!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Tina - thanks so much for hosting another fabulous swap. This one was so much fun and everyone's makes are so uniquely different and full of inspiration. Your sticks are so lucious with color and texture. I can't wait to see it in person and hang my sticks up on my studio wall. Looking forward to our next arty adventure! <3

by belle said...

The texture and colors...ohlala! Thank you for organizing such an inspirational swap. I will be sending you a painty surprise. ;)

Brianna Lynn said...

LOVE your stick, the colors are so dreamy, like rainbow sherbert! so happy to have one! I too planned to frame mine, such a fun swap! :)