Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Paperbag Studios Creative Team + New Stamp Release!

Hi...

Happy Tuesday!  

I have a super duper exciting post to share with y'all today!  I have been patiently waiting (okay, not so much), to share my creative news and today is the day I can spill the beans!

I was asked by the amazing talented Roben-Marie Smith to be a Creative Team member for Paperbag Studios and help release a new Stamp Set - 'Dream Thicket'. 'Dream Thicket' was designed by the wonderful Kristen Peterson and I know you will love it as much as I do. This stamp set is perfect for all types of Mixed Media and Papercrafting projects.  Here's a peek at the entire set. 


To kick off the release, the Creative Team put together a blog hop to share our creative inspirations to give you a jumpstart!  I got a peek at what the Creative Team created with these stamps and WOW!, you will not be disappointed!  The breadth of projects, techniques, and are endless!  

Let's get this party started!  :)

I created 3 projects using 'Dream Thicket'.  I love to see how stamps translate across different project types, so I created a Dimensional Mixed Media project, a trio of ATC cards, and an Art Journal page.  I admit, these stamps make creating super easy and fun!  I just love the flexibility.



Let's start with my trio of ATC cards!


I used the fabulous 'leaf' stamp to heat emboss on Sticky Back Canvas.  



Each card was colored with various spray mists and distress stain, then embellished in a repeated fashion.  I really love how the stamps reacted with the embossing and the amazing texture it created.


Next, I created a Dimensional Mixed Media projects, using the embossed stamped images again.  For this project, I used the trio of circles and the floral stamp from the set.


Using the same heat embossing technique as my ATC cards, I embossed the trio circle stamp and stitched for more texture.



To create INSTANT TEXTURE, I heat embossed my Paper Whimsy Amazing Alterable Easel pieces with the floral stamp.  I love creating fast texture in no time flat.

Here's a peek at the back of the easel showing the wonderful texture and pattern.  Doesn't that look FABBO?


My last project is an Art Journal page that started as a Gelli Print, transformed with the 'Dream Thicket' stamps.


Using both heart stamps, I embossed and doodled each image, then adhered them to my page, using the leaf/feather image as wings.  Who doesn't love the look of wings?


To finish the page, I added doodles and a quote!  Done!


Ready for more stamp inspiration?  Please take time and visit the blogs of the Creative Team.  They are each sharing more projects ideas using 'Dream Thicket'.

(if you came here from Shelley's blog, your next stop will be the amazing Nellie Wortman)  

Kristen Peterson
Roben-Marie Smith
Mystele Kirkeeng
Shelley Chavis
Tina Walker
Nellie Wortman
Mo Wassell
Colette Copeland
April Cole
Mary Nasser
Susan Gallitto
Jennifer Ston

Love the stamp set as much as I do?  It is now available in the newly re-designed Paperbag Studios Store!  You can find 'Dream Thicket' in the Dream Notions section of the store.  Thank you for taking the time to stop by!  Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Kristin Peterson said...

I love your easel piece- so original!! Thank you Tina!!

Mary C. Nasser said...

AMAZING pieces! Wow! You've inspired me to stamp on Sticky Back Canvas!
So wonderful to be on this blog hop with you! :)

Cecilia said...

Your 3D art is wonderful!

Danielle M said...

Nice mixed media projects!

Roben-Marie said...

Thanks so much for playing with Kristin's stamps! I was blown away by your unique and creative use of the stamps. Your work is beautiful and we appreciate you!

Nancy Lee said...

You have original ideas! Thanks for the new "ideas" for me!!

Rett said...

Looks like your head was swimming with ideas to use these stamps, eh? Three great projects...and clever too...especially using the feather stamp as wings behind the heart. Well done :)

Ain't No Ninny said...

Wow! Awesome pieces! I love how you used the stamps.

8 comments:

Kristin Peterson said...

I love your easel piece- so original!! Thank you Tina!!

Mary C. Nasser said...

AMAZING pieces! Wow! You've inspired me to stamp on Sticky Back Canvas!
So wonderful to be on this blog hop with you! :)

Cecilia said...

Your 3D art is wonderful!

Danielle M said...

Nice mixed media projects!

Roben-Marie said...

Thanks so much for playing with Kristin's stamps! I was blown away by your unique and creative use of the stamps. Your work is beautiful and we appreciate you!

Nancy Lee said...

You have original ideas! Thanks for the new "ideas" for me!!

Rett said...

Looks like your head was swimming with ideas to use these stamps, eh? Three great projects...and clever too...especially using the feather stamp as wings behind the heart. Well done :)

Ain't No Ninny said...

Wow! Awesome pieces! I love how you used the stamps.