Thursday, June 11, 2015

Winged Child - Paper Whimsy

Hi...

Happy Thursday! 

I am totally stoked about today's post!  I have some AMAZING news to spill!  I've been invited to be part of the Paper Whimsy Design Team!  Wooooo Hoooo!

Today, I am sharing my first official Paper Whimsy project!  I have been a long time fan of Paper Whimsy Amazing Alterables, so this is a dream come true!

Assemblage Art is one of my favorite types of mediums today, and I love combining the new with the old.  Today, I created 'Winged Child' using several of my favorite Paper Whimsy products!



All of my Amazing Alterable pieces started with a quick spray of Gesso!  



I wanted a piece with lots of bumpy texture, so I heat embossed the structure pieces with Iced Enamels embossing powder.



To create that worn, aged look, I added a spritz (or two) of Shimmerz sprays to each embossed piece.  Love how the spray settles into the bumpy surface.  I let it dry thoroughly.  


Now to the wings.  Using Sticky Embossing Powder, I added glitter and Opal flakes.  Great texture and iridescence.


I added more embossing, this time in gold, to my hands, then more layer of color with Shimmerz Inklingz.



My Winged Child needed a face, so using this adorable face from Paper Whimsy's downloadable Collage images, I aged her up a bit with Distress Ink.



Now for assembly.  I gathered some antique findings and resin embellishments and adhered my piece together.  I finished the edges with a rub of Inka Gold.  Love this stuff!




Here's some close-ups of the completed piece!  Love her to bits!







Supply List:

Paper Whimsy:  Winged Gothic Arch, Heart from Fancy Angels 01 Trio, Hands from Curious Angel 03, and Girl Face from Beautiful Faces, Sheet 163.

Other Bits:  Shimmerz Paints, Gesso Spray, Embossing Powder, Embossing Ink, Glitter, Inka Gold, vintage findings, molded resin filagree, Tim Holtz findings, Distress Ink, wire, beaded ribbon. 

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend!



2 comments:

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Congratulations!! This is so gorgeous - full of gilded, glitzy goodness :)

Gale Blair said...

Woot!!! I'm so thrilled to have your wonderful quirky, sparkling vision on the team, Tina! I love your work!

2 comments:

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Congratulations!! This is so gorgeous - full of gilded, glitzy goodness :)

Gale Blair said...

Woot!!! I'm so thrilled to have your wonderful quirky, sparkling vision on the team, Tina! I love your work!