Friday, July 10, 2015

Art Journal Planner - July 2015

Hi...

Hello and Happy Friday!  It's time for my next month of Art Journal Planner!  

Today, I am sharing my July Art Journal Planner reveal! In January, I introduced this new monthly series HERE!  Each month, I will share my finished page and how I completed my previous month's calendar.

For a peek at June, click HERE!  

This amazing Art Journal Planner was created by my fabulous and wonderfully creative friend, Catherine Matthews-Scanlon. She has created an amazing base for a year long journey of recording my thoughts and feelings, while getting creative at the same time.  Catherine is also playing along with me this month.  Please take a minute and check out her Art Journal Planner HERE! Let's start with my finished June Calendar. I was inspired by Silhouettes, Circles, Numbers, and bold colors.  I used Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic paints and Posca Paint Markers.




I used stencils to create my design elements and free form doodles for accents points.  I also made the week of June 21 a feature as I spent the entire week in Michigan at an Art Retreat.





But the fun didn't stop there.   

I also painted a one of the gorgeous Original Catherine Scanlon drawings, included in the Art Journal Planner kit. 



I created the background using Distress Paints in a random fashion.  I added the paints to my craft sheet and 'smooshed' the page to the paint.  Love this technique.






I am also journaling on the the extra, blank pages in my Art Journal Planner, and this month, I completed 2 additional spreads. 


I got a bit messy this month, pulling out my acrylic paints and experimenting with color.  I used Dina Wakely Heavy Body Acrylics on both pages.

Hidden under several layers I also used some of the newest Paperbag Studio stamps, 'Dream Thicket'.  Perfect for all mixed media projects.







My 2nd page was created from leftover paint.  I cleaned up my craft mat using a blank page in my journal and really loved the random bits of color.  So I embellished it with a bold quote and called it done!


I actually made a MAJOR mistake when writing the quote (I misspelled 'Breathings', so I pulled out a scrap piece of a gelli print and re-wrote the word and glued it in place.  I also embellished the page with a few more strips of the same gelli print.  It was a happy mistake.  





Here's a small peek at my July calendar spread.  I can't wait to complete it.  


See you this time next month for my next reveal.  Thank you for stopping by! 

No comments:

No comments: