Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Marsh-Stout Book Making Retreat

Hi...
Happy Tuesday!

I have a special post today, sharing some of the AMAZING projects I created a couple weeks ago at a Book Making Retreat in Michigan.  Our lovely and super duper talented teachers were Leslie Marsh and Roxanne Evans Stout.  If you ever get a chance to take a workshop from either of these ladies, DO!  It was honestly one of the best, creative weeks I have ever had.  I learned a ton of new things and the fun never stopped.



I would like to also thank our wonderful hosts, Kip Kozlowski and Camille McCoy. They created a fantastic event that will always be memorable.    

I will be sharing pictures of the projects I created from the workshop, so grab a drink, sit back, and enjoy!  ;)

(WARNING - PIC HEAVY)
The main focus of the week long workshop, was creating a soldered book.  Leslie is a master at creating these works of art and I loved watching her teach!  





Leslie also taught us the wonderful art of Eco-Dying!  I am officially obsessed!  Here's some of the pages that didn't make it to my finished book.  Love the resist and color created from natural sources!





We even made a mini-book.  So Cute!  And Tiny!  Only about an inch long.  And yes, those are tiny pages of Eco-Dyed papers!




Roxanne is the Queen of collage and beautiful stitching techniques.  In between working on our soldered books, she opened her creative mind and shared with us so many fantastic techniques that will definitely be used in the future.  

She showed us how to create little pockets of memories.





And stitched paper flowers on thick felt.






We created a Folded Collage piece and added our personal findings and vintage bits!







And some assemblage art!  Right up my alley!






All of these fun techniques were used on my finished pages included in my soldered book.  

Painting with bleach...



Eco-Dying...
  

Carving simple stamps with adhesive foam and collage...


Painting on Rice Paper...
 

Using items from nature...



Experimenting with Rust...


Stamping on Silk...




Eco-Dying on raw Silk...



Beautiful colors of Eco-Dying...





Stitching...


And more gorgeous Eco-Dying prints...

Jealous yet?  :) 




It was a week I will never forget.  And what made it even better, was that I spent it with my sister.  Love ya Sis!

So now I am off to create a shopping list of all the things I need to buy after being inspired!  I hope my checking account can handle it!  ;)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderfully creative week!
  

13 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! What a wonderful recap of our workshop! I loved spending the week with you guys, and I'm so happy to see these images of your inspired and beautiful work! I hope we're able to ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ play together again soon!

Tracy said...

I love you too! This was an extra special week getting to spend it with you!

rivergardenstudio said...

Tina!! What a beautiful post, seeing your work all together is wonderful, I love every photograph and being able to see all your details. I even held my breath looking through. Thank you for reminding me of our beautiful days together!! roxanne

Mary Jo said...

Loved seeing all the beautiful details I missed! I was sitting across the table from you, but I was so immersed in what I was doing, I didn't see much of what other people did. It was such a great week; so wonderful to really focus on creating . The worst part of going back to work is such little time to play! Thanks so much for sharing!

Mary C. Nasser said...

So amazing!! Wow! Wow! Wow!!!

Di's Ink Stamp-n-Crafts said...

Tina..This is wonderful. Just seeing your work makes me all inspired again.
That was one amazing week and Leslie and Roxanne really make it fun. Great
teachers. This truly was a wow week. Thanks for sharing

Teresa said...

What a book!! It's more than a book, it's a work of art. Such gorgeous techniques, I'm in love with it.
I live in Australia and am doing a 2 day eco-dyeing workshop with one of our finest tutors in November this year. After seeing your work, I can't wait.
Thanks for sharing.

Sue Carroll said...

Tina, this is amazing!! YOU are amazing!! Oh, I want to go to this in November!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful post!! Absolutely STUNNING and BEAUTIFUL!!!

suzieq23 said...

what is eco-dying? I looked on YouTube but most of the videos were on fabric. Can you give me a link? Thanks. P.s. love all your projects. looks like a fantastic time at your class!

Tina said...

Suzieq23 - I was taught during the class - no YouTube videos, but the concept should be similar. And thank you for the kind words! ♥

Michele Unger said...

Your journal is fabulous!

Monk Atlantic said...

Sounds amazing! Love the eco-dying and the natural material and the vintage....Heck! I love it all! Sounds like SO much fun. I've been thinking a lot about journalling with materials from nature--think teens would really love it. thanks for sharing. :)

Hastypearl said...

It's my turn next. June in the mountains with these two musketeers! Loved seeing your book...really amazing! Laura

13 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! What a wonderful recap of our workshop! I loved spending the week with you guys, and I'm so happy to see these images of your inspired and beautiful work! I hope we're able to ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ play together again soon!

Tracy said...

I love you too! This was an extra special week getting to spend it with you!

rivergardenstudio said...

Tina!! What a beautiful post, seeing your work all together is wonderful, I love every photograph and being able to see all your details. I even held my breath looking through. Thank you for reminding me of our beautiful days together!! roxanne

Mary Jo said...

Loved seeing all the beautiful details I missed! I was sitting across the table from you, but I was so immersed in what I was doing, I didn't see much of what other people did. It was such a great week; so wonderful to really focus on creating . The worst part of going back to work is such little time to play! Thanks so much for sharing!

Mary C. Nasser said...

So amazing!! Wow! Wow! Wow!!!

Di's Ink Stamp-n-Crafts said...

Tina..This is wonderful. Just seeing your work makes me all inspired again.
That was one amazing week and Leslie and Roxanne really make it fun. Great
teachers. This truly was a wow week. Thanks for sharing

Teresa said...

What a book!! It's more than a book, it's a work of art. Such gorgeous techniques, I'm in love with it.
I live in Australia and am doing a 2 day eco-dyeing workshop with one of our finest tutors in November this year. After seeing your work, I can't wait.
Thanks for sharing.

Sue Carroll said...

Tina, this is amazing!! YOU are amazing!! Oh, I want to go to this in November!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful post!! Absolutely STUNNING and BEAUTIFUL!!!

suzieq23 said...

what is eco-dying? I looked on YouTube but most of the videos were on fabric. Can you give me a link? Thanks. P.s. love all your projects. looks like a fantastic time at your class!

Tina said...

Suzieq23 - I was taught during the class - no YouTube videos, but the concept should be similar. And thank you for the kind words! ♥

Michele Unger said...

Your journal is fabulous!

Monk Atlantic said...

Sounds amazing! Love the eco-dying and the natural material and the vintage....Heck! I love it all! Sounds like SO much fun. I've been thinking a lot about journalling with materials from nature--think teens would really love it. thanks for sharing. :)

Hastypearl said...

It's my turn next. June in the mountains with these two musketeers! Loved seeing your book...really amazing! Laura