Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Round Gelli Plate Mixed Media Canvas

Hi...

Happy Wednesday!

Today, I am up on the Hazel & Ruby Blog with a new project using one of my favorite mixed media tools, Gelli Plates.

The wonderful folks from Gelli Arts sent several of the Hazel & Ruby Makery Team members some of the new Round Gelli Plates to play with.  


 Today, I will show you how I created this Bright, Colorful, and Fun mixed media canvas.


 Step One
Using Artist Tape (or masking tape), tape off random sections of your canvas.  I used 2 different widths of tape for a more interesting look.



Step Two
'Ink' up your Gelli Plates with acrylic paint.  For some prints, I used a single color of paint, for other prints, I used 2 colors, letting them mix.


Step Three
Print onto canvas.  I used both the 4" and 6" Round Gelli plates, overlapping the images throughout my canvas.



Step Four
Once you are happy with your printed background, (and after the paint has dried) remove the tape.



Step Five
Cut strips of Hazel & Ruby, "Quote Collage" Pass the Tissue paper and adhere to canvas.



Step Six
Using Acrylic Paint Markers, add 'dots' to each Gelli Printed circle and paper strips, in coordinating colors.  This really makes the colors and design POP!



Step Seven
To highlight the paper strips, outline each strip with a Stabilo All pencil, and 'wet'.  The pencil marks look/act like watercolor when water is added.  Add doodling with white pen.  (I exclusively use the Uniball Signo Gel Pen for my white doodles)






Step Eight
Paint the edges of your canvas to finish.  I also sprayed my canvas with a final fixative to seal the paint and mediums in place.



I hope you enjoyed my Mixed Media canvas today!  Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

No comments: