Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Art Journal Planner - August 2015!

Hi...

Hello and Happy Wednesday!  It's time for my next month of Art Journal Planner!  

Today, I am sharing my August Art Journal Planner reveal! In January, I introduced this new monthly series HERE!  Each month, I will share my finished page and how I completed my previous month's calendar.

For a peek at July, click HERE!  

This amazing Art Journal Planner was created by my fabulous and wonderfully creative friend, Catherine Matthews-Scanlon. She has created an amazing base for a year long journey of recording my thoughts and feelings, while getting creative at the same time.  Catherine is also playing along with me this month.  Please take a minute and check out her Art Journal Planner HERE! Let's start with my finished July Calendar. I was inspired by fall time colors, leaves, and stamping.  I used multiple stamps to create my background, added doodles and rice paper bits to embellish the month.  Everything is painted with Shimmerz Inklingz, Sprays, and markers. 













But the fun didn't stop there.   

I also painted a one of the gorgeous Original Catherine Scanlon drawings, included in the Art Journal Planner kit.  



I created the background using NEO Color II Crayons and doodling.






I am also journaling on the the extra, blank pages in my Art Journal Planner, and this month, I completed 2 additional spreads. 


For my first page, I scribbled randomly to a blank page, and colored in the closed in areas in various colors of NEO Color II Crayons







My 2nd page was created  by using a Crafters Workshop face stencil and embossing paste.  


I colored my face with more NEO Color II Crayons.  I love how she turned out.  I added some journaling to her hair and called her done! 




Here's a small peek at my July calendar spread.  I can't wait to complete it.  


See you this time next month for my next reveal.  Thank you for stopping by! 


No comments:

No comments: