Wednesday, August 26, 2015

DIY Alphabet Flash Cards - Easy Peasy with Hazel & Ruby Stencil-Masks

Hi...

Happy Wednesday!

Today, I am sharing a new Hazel & Ruby project, DIY Alphabet Flash Cards.  

My kids are grown and past the need for Flash cards, but I am always looking for ways to use Hazel & Ruby Stencil-Masks, and I thought it would be fun to create some DIY Alphabet Flash cards.  The stencil-masks are perfect for this project, and I finished the entire project in a couple of hours.


Step One:
Grab your favorite acrylic paint.  Paint 3 pages of heavy weight cardstock, randomly. Once dry, cut into 2 2/3" x 3" squares.


(you will need 1 larger square for the 'W'.)



Step Two:
Add 1 alpha stencil-masks to each square, adhering securely.

I used the Broadside Alpha Stencil-Masks for my project.


Step Three:
Using white spray paint, paint each square.  I love to use spray paint with my stencil-masks.  It creates a clear, crisp edge.



Step Four:
Once the paint is dry, remove the stencil-masks.  With spray paint, no need to remove the paint from the mask. Just remove it from your project and place back on your backing sheet.



Step Five:
For added durability, laminate each square.  I used my Xyron machine for easy lamination.




I wanted to create a cute storage container, so I created a handmade paper box, using 'Wrap It Up' Polka Dot Party paper. If you are interested on making your own box, YouTube has a ton of how-to's.  Just search on paper box.



Done!  I really love how easy and fun this project turned out!  



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

CLEVER and simple--GREAT idea!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

CLEVER and simple--GREAT idea!