Monday, September 14, 2015

Expanding your options with Hazel & Ruby Crafternoon Kits!

LOOKING FOR MY SILENT AUCTION FOR THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY, MAKING STRIDES WALK?  CLICK HERE!

Hi...

Happy Monday!

Not sure if you have seen the new Hazel & Ruby Crafternoon Kits, but they are super cool and amazingly fun!

All types of DIY and crafts are represented, and it is a great way to try something new, create with family and friends, or just create 'on the go'.

Today, I would like to show you how to expand your options with these kits, and how they are so much more!

I am starting with the Chalk Art Crafternoon Kit.  Chalk Art never seems to go out of style, but let me show you how to create additional Chalk Art and Sewing projects with the kit.



Let's start with Chalk Art.

The kit comes with three super fun and cute Chalk Art designs.  But what if you want to create your own?  Easy Peasy.

  
 You can either create your own design in your editing software of choice, or download a free image from the internet.  (I am NOT edit software literate, so I just created a quick graphic in word, using Word Art. - Totally old school)

 I printed my 'graphic' out slightly smaller than 4x6 (the size of the enclosed Chalkboard paper).

Using the same instructions included with the kit, I transferred my image to the Chalkboard paper. 


 Hint:  I clipped my Chalkboard paper, tracing paper, and image together so I didn't have to hold them together.  It keeps the traced image in place.

Once your image is traced, fill in what is needed and frame!  Here's what it looks like before I filled in the letters and design.


Frame and done!




Doesn't get much easier than that!

Want another idea?  How about stitching?

I used one of the enclosed design patterns and traced it onto a piece of muslin fabric, using fabric tracing paper.  You could use the enclosed paper if you are tracing onto a dark piece of fabric.  Since muslin is light, I needed a darker transfer paper.

Same concept as the Chalk Art designs, but instead of creating with chalk, you are creating with embroidery floss.



Using the traced image as a guide, I straight stitched the image.

For more dimension, I backed my stitched artwork with padding before framing.  I SO love how this turned out!







These would make great gifts and the best part - it only took me a couple of hours to finish!  I love fast projects!

 I hope you were inspired today and will fall in love with Crafternoon!  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

No comments: