Thursday, September 10, 2015

Faceless Diva! for PaperWhimsy

LOOKING FOR MY SILENT AUCTION FOR THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY, MAKING STRIDES WALK?  CLICK HERE!

Hi...

Happy Thursday!

Today, I am sharing my September project for PaperWhimsy.  I call her Faceless Diva.  :)


I am always looking for new, creative ways to enhance my PaperWhimsy Amazing Alterable pieces.  I have been creating a lot with fabrics, yarn, and thread lately, so I thought it would fun to use some baker's twine, felt, and muslin for my doll this month.



For the main body part, I cut strips of think baker's twine and adhered them to the Amazing Alterable piece with Weldbond. (any strong adhesive would work)

Once the twine was dry, I trimmed the string to match the shape of the alterable.

For the other body pieces, I used eco-dyed muslin, stitched felt and gauze/lace.




I love the textural feel of the body.  I finished the other Amazing Alterable pieces with embossing powder.  I also finished a molded, resin head with the same embossing powder.  




And what kind of Diva isn't complete with lots of bling.  I added rhinestones to the edges of her body and her halo.  



I wanted her to 'stand', so I adhered her to a frame, finished with more rhinestones.





PaperWhimsy products used:
Curious Medallion No. 4
Curious Spiky Frame
Curious Angel 2

I hope I gave you some inspiration today and how to finish your Amazing Alterable pieces.  I'd love to hear about the ways you finish your pieces.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

No comments: