Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Art Journal Planner - October 2015

Hi...


Hello and Happy Tuesday!  It's time for my next month of Art Journal Planner!  

Today, I am sharing my October Art Journal Planner reveal! In January, I introduced this new monthly series HERE!  Each month, I will share my finished page and how I completed my previous month's calendar.

For a peek at September, click HERE!

This amazing Art Journal Planner was created by my fabulous and wonderfully creative friend, Catherine Matthews-Scanlon. She has created an amazing base for a year long journey of recording my thoughts and feelings, while getting creative at the same time.  Catherine is also playing along.  Please take a minute and check out her Art Journal Planner HERE! Let's start with my finished September Calendar. I was inspired by soft colors and big words! I used Shimmerz Spray Mists and several Crafters Workshops stencils to create my background.  I used my favorite Scarlet Lime black doodle pen and my Uniball Signo white pen for my words.








But the fun didn't stop there.   

I also painted a one of the gorgeous Original Catherine Scanlon drawings, included in the Art Journal Planner kit.






I am also journaling on the the extra, blank pages in my Art Journal Planner, and this month, I completed 3 additional spreads. 


For my first page, I used one of my favorite Catherine Scanlon grid stencils to create my background.  Using the grid as a guide, I stamped into the sections using the wonderful Paperbag Studios Dream Thicket stamp set.  It's an easy way to journal, adding your words into the un-used sections. 





For my 2nd page, I used 2 hand carved stamps to create my background.  I used Lindy's Stamp Gang spray mists to color the images.  






My final page is a whimsical page created with the Dream Thicket Paperbag Studio stamp set.  I painted her with NeoColor II crayons.  She is fun!






See you this time next month for my next reveal.  Thank you for stopping by! 

No comments:

No comments: