Monday, October 5, 2015

Gettin' my weave on!

Hi...

Happy Monday!

Just a quick share today about one of my latest crafty obsessions, weaving!

A few months ago, I bought an inexpensive peg loom on Amazon.  (one of those, 'I'm bored, lets shop on Amazon moments'.  :) 

It sat in a box for weeks, until one weekend when I was looking for something new to create.

So I pulled it out, quickly read the instructions, then found some yarn, twine, ribbon, and embellishments to start weaving.  

Weaving is easy, fun, and if using a small loom, a quick craft.

For my first weaving, I used several rusty embellishments to create my project.  I really love the organic look and feel.


I learned what to do, and what not to do with my first weaving, so I improvised and embraced the happy accidents.





I was hooked!  

In the past several weeks, I created two more weavings, each with unique features and color palette.


For my 2nd weaving, I wanted a 'puffy' tassel section, so I added thick yarn to the left side.


My 3rd weaving incorporates pieces of Kantha Quilt scraps.  I love the different look and texture.

 

I love to add little bits, beads, and dangles at the bottom of my weavings.  They add whimsy and fun!

I am positive you will see more weavings from me in the future.  It's a fun, quick, and satisfying way to spend creative time.
 

1 comment:

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Gorgeous work! This group of weavings makes me wish that I could reach through my screen and touch the pieces. ;) I really love the mix of textiles and natural elements. Thanks for sharing!

1 comment:

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Gorgeous work! This group of weavings makes me wish that I could reach through my screen and touch the pieces. ;) I really love the mix of textiles and natural elements. Thanks for sharing!