Monday, October 12, 2015

"Thirty-One House" for PaperWhimsy

Hi...

Happy October!

I am up on the PaperWhimsy blog with my October project. Since it's October, you know I can't pass up a Halloween inspired project.  Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love creating with blacks, oranges, and purples!  I also love the dark, scary images often associated with Halloween.



I prepped all of my Amazing Alterable surfaces with black gesso.  I love using black gesso to create wonderful dark texture.


Once the gesso was dry, I sprayed each piece with several colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang spray mists.  I let the color mix and mingle.  (your favorite black and purple mists or paints would also work).



I wanted more texture for my fence piece, so I dabbed Liquitex Black Lava paste directly over the spray mist.  (any paste would work).  Once the paste dried, I sprayed more mists, letting the color settle between the cracks.


To create a realistic wall background of my haunted scene, I used a personally designed brick stencil with Black Embossing paste.  (again, any paste will work, as long as you paint over it, creating a dark, scary look).


 

Doesn't the background look frightening?!?  :)

Here's all of my amazing alterable pieces before assembly.



Before assembling, I added a bit of Viva Color Inka Gold.  (love this stuff).  The hints of gold are visible on the wonderful texture.



I assembled my house using vintage findings, jewelry bits, and metal embellishments.  I really love how these Halloween stickers faces look behind my windows!




The focal part of my project is a paper doll, assembled from bits of pieces of a PaperWhimsy collage downloadable.  I aged her with distress ink and gold glittered wings.




I love how my Thirty-One House turned out!  

Amazing Alterable pieces used:
Curious Wunderkammers No. 1 (medium)
Embellishment Numerals
Embellishment Wings
Fancy Gothic Fence 01

Collage Images used:
Goth 03
Goth 04
  
Happy October and Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Annie Claxton said...

woooooooooo!!!!! REally creepy but in a good way! I love it Tina, and it was realy interesting to see how you created all that wonderful depth and texture :o)

jbonomo said...

This is delightfully frightening! Love your creation.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow! What a cool and creative project!

3 comments:

Annie Claxton said...

woooooooooo!!!!! REally creepy but in a good way! I love it Tina, and it was realy interesting to see how you created all that wonderful depth and texture :o)

jbonomo said...

This is delightfully frightening! Love your creation.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow! What a cool and creative project!