Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Using rubber stamps in encaustic art!

Hi...

Happy Wednesday!


I've been dabbling in encaustic art lately, so I thought it would be fun to experiment with my rubber stamps under and on top of the encaustic wax.  Here's what I created!


I stamped Viva Las VegaStamps 'Numbers Set 2/12 x 2' on the wood canvas before painting wax on the surface.

I applied several layers (and colors) of wax on top, allowing the stamped image to be visible through the clear wax.


 I added lots of texture with the wax, but really wanted more of he numbers to be visible, so while the wax was still hot, I stamped the Numbers Set directly into the wax.  My stamp had not been cleaned from the previous stamping, which was great because it picked up the subtleness of the black ink.

I love the dimension of above and below the wax.  Instant texture!



I love how stamping really finishes off a project.  It doesn't need to overwhelm an idea, but rather enhance and compliment.  




Make sure you clean your stamps right after using them with wax so the wax doesn't settle into the nooks and crannies.

Also - I would not advise using your clear, acrylic stamps with wax.  Red rubber is best!  :)

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

No comments: