Friday, February 5, 2016

For the Love of Mixed Media Blog Hop!

Hi...

Happy Friday!

Today, I am getting together with some of my creative friends for a Blog Hop that is perfect for the month of February!

'For the Love of Mixed Media'.



The concept was pretty open, any product or style, it just had to have a Valentine's Day theme. I love to participate in these 'online collaborations'.  I love to see how creatively different each artists project turns out.  

My idea was to create a little 'forever' box, where you could keep your heart for safe keeping.  And of course, I used some of my eco-dyed papers and casted resin pieces for my project - I just couldn't resist.  :)


  The heart and wings are both resin casted pieces, covered with several colors of Amazing Crafting Products metallic powders.  

I had a little bag of zipper pulls in my stash FOREVER and I finally had the perfect project for one of them.


The inside of my box holds a little b
Broken Charlotte Doll treasure.  Her heart is safe in the box. Awwww.....


I love the little details and the vintage inspired color palette.  Things that make me happy!


 Want some more Valentine's 'For the Love of Mixed Media' inspiration?  Here's the complete line-up of participants.

Christy Strickler

Robyn Crowningshield  

Katie Smith

Beth Soler

Susan Brown 

Lulu Bea 

Melissa Johnson 

As always, thank you for stopping by.  Your time and continued support is much appreciated!  Have a great day!    

5 comments:

Beth Soler said...

I love your altered are project. I have never tried making my own resin ornaments but yours are just stunning and those zipper pulls are too cute!

melsartjournal said...

Love your project--as always!! I love how you decorated the box--that zipper pull is perfect :)

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Oh Tina - I am so in love with this little matchbox shrine {especially those resin cast wings}. Cupid is certainly has hearts in his eyes with this lovely piece. :)

Robyn said...

Absolutely fantastic, as always!!!! Love the resin wings and heart...........that zipper is just perfect! You think outside of the box..........all the time!!!

Lulu Bea said...

Love love love! Assemblage is definitely an area I'd love to learn more about!

5 comments:

Beth Soler said...

I love your altered are project. I have never tried making my own resin ornaments but yours are just stunning and those zipper pulls are too cute!

melsartjournal said...

Love your project--as always!! I love how you decorated the box--that zipper pull is perfect :)

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Oh Tina - I am so in love with this little matchbox shrine {especially those resin cast wings}. Cupid is certainly has hearts in his eyes with this lovely piece. :)

Robyn said...

Absolutely fantastic, as always!!!! Love the resin wings and heart...........that zipper is just perfect! You think outside of the box..........all the time!!!

Lulu Bea said...

Love love love! Assemblage is definitely an area I'd love to learn more about!