Friday, February 12, 2016

Knitted Boot Cuffs turned into a Wall Weaving Project!

Hi...

It's no secret that I love weaving!  It's a newly found creative outlet and I was hooked from the very first project, which was actually the Hazel & Ruby Woven Necklace Crafternoon kit.

Weaving is relaxing, super simple, and it's a great project to do with friends.  

My weaving project started with the Holiday Crafternoon kit, Knitted Boot Cuffs.  


I thought this kit would be super fun to make and a great way to learn knitting.  Well, I soon figured out that knitting was not for me.  For whatever reason, my brain and hands could not coordinate together to create a knitted stitch.  But, instead of letting the wonderful kit components go to waste, I created a familiar project, a weaving!



I used the yarn and buttons from the boot cuff kit, plus leftover ribbon from the Dreamcatcher kit and Pom Pom Felt Stocking kit.  You can see the projects I created with these kits using the ribbon.

Shabby Chic Handmade Pillows
Felt Memory Book   

 There was so much yarn included in the Knitted Boot Cuff kit, I dyed one skein of the off white yarn with tea.  I created a beautiful light brown color.  Perfect for any vintage inspired project.  You can see the difference in color in this picture.



I added some of my own sticks, beads, and leather strips to accent the weaving and add some dimension and texture.  I will moving into a new house in the coming months and this will be perfect for my foyer area. 




 This entire project was finished in just a couple of hours.  My kind of creating!


  
Have you tried weaving yet?  If not, I strongly suggest that you do!  I guarantee you will be hooked!
 

No comments:

No comments: