Friday, April 15, 2016

Liberate Your Art 2016

Hi...
Happy Friday!

This year, I participated in the Liberate Your Art Postcard Swap!  I've never had time to play along with such a fun challenge, so this year and made an exception and joined 175 other creative folks to create.

 
The swap is organized by Kat Sloma of Kat Eye Studio.  She has a fantastic knack for organization and kept everyone well informed of what to do.  (especially for newbies like me).

The idea behind the swap was to create a postcard with your own art.  Art could be photography, fine art, drawing, mixed media, or what ever floats your boat.  We created 1 original piece of art, then reproduced that piece into 5 postcard sized projects.  I used MOO to reproduce my art, which I loved. 

Each artist received 5 postcards from a random selection of people.  Fun!

Here's a peek at what I received.


I am so in love with the originality, diversity, and simple beauty of each card.

Here's some close-ups of the beautiful work.






  
They are gorgeous!

I think my favorite part of the entire swap, are the hand-written notes included on each card.  In today's technology based society, personal, handwritten ANYTHING is special.  


   

When I was thinking about what type of art to create for my postcard, I wasn't sure where to go.  So I went to an old favorite - Eco Dyed Paper.


 I used a sheet of Eco Dyed Rice Paper for my background, and added hand-stitching for a personal touch.

I took a photo of the finished card and uploaded the image into Moo's website and Viola! Instant postcards.

I really enjoyed this quick yet fun collaboration.  I will definately be participating next year and I would love to see you play along too.  :)

Be sure to hop on over to the Liberate Your Art website to check out the other postcard creations.  Kat has also created a video showing the cards that were created.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Sea Dean said...

I had seen your postcard on the event page and I thought it was encaustic. This is a great way to get the look of encaustic without the toxicity. Beautiful.

carol edan said...

Love your presentation... and your card is just fabulous...All the best for a creative year!!!

Lisa Comperry said...

I love your presentation and your card...Side swap? Your blog page is beautiful! I am glad to meet you here :-)

Linda Ursin said...

Beautiful cards :)

anna said...

Oh how fun!!! I agree, those handwritten notes would be my favorite too! To celebrate our new creative team, us - the StencilGirl design team - should do a swap!

Rosie Grey said...

What a wonderful post! I love seeing all the details and also how you did your own card!

Sarah Wiseman said...

You received some beautiful cards! And I love the one you sent out, what an interesting technique.

Seth said...

This is a great challenge and your contribution is absolutely incredible.

CatieAn said...

I saw the post card you made on someone else's site and was really drawn to it. i also thought it was wax of some sort. What creativity. I enjoyed your presentation and all the cards your received.

Sheila said...

Tina I am so glad I had the chance to receive one of your fabulous cards this year! I love it :) I hope to see you next year, can't wait to see your creation! Happy creating to you!

twil123123 said...

Lovely job Tina, so glad you participated! Happy LYA 2016!

Michele Matucheski said...

You got my Hope in Winter tree! I was wondering where else they had gotten to. Found! The LYA Exchange is the fun part of early Spring. You'll be looking forward to it all year! Nice work with your card, too -- and the eco-dying. I'm amazed at the sheer variety and number of ways people can express their creativity. I don't think I've seen anyone else with this approach this year. You're an original! -- Michele at Sweet Leaf Notebook

12 comments:

Sea Dean said...

I had seen your postcard on the event page and I thought it was encaustic. This is a great way to get the look of encaustic without the toxicity. Beautiful.

carol edan said...

Love your presentation... and your card is just fabulous...All the best for a creative year!!!

Lisa Comperry said...

I love your presentation and your card...Side swap? Your blog page is beautiful! I am glad to meet you here :-)

Linda Ursin said...

Beautiful cards :)

anna said...

Oh how fun!!! I agree, those handwritten notes would be my favorite too! To celebrate our new creative team, us - the StencilGirl design team - should do a swap!

Rosie Grey said...

What a wonderful post! I love seeing all the details and also how you did your own card!

Sarah Wiseman said...

You received some beautiful cards! And I love the one you sent out, what an interesting technique.

Seth said...

This is a great challenge and your contribution is absolutely incredible.

CatieAn said...

I saw the post card you made on someone else's site and was really drawn to it. i also thought it was wax of some sort. What creativity. I enjoyed your presentation and all the cards your received.

Sheila said...

Tina I am so glad I had the chance to receive one of your fabulous cards this year! I love it :) I hope to see you next year, can't wait to see your creation! Happy creating to you!

twil123123 said...

Lovely job Tina, so glad you participated! Happy LYA 2016!

Michele Matucheski said...

You got my Hope in Winter tree! I was wondering where else they had gotten to. Found! The LYA Exchange is the fun part of early Spring. You'll be looking forward to it all year! Nice work with your card, too -- and the eco-dying. I'm amazed at the sheer variety and number of ways people can express their creativity. I don't think I've seen anyone else with this approach this year. You're an original! -- Michele at Sweet Leaf Notebook