Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Artist Collaboration - Through Their Eyes, Eyeglass Shrine

Hi...
Happy Wednesday!

Today, we have another fun Artist Collaboration hop to y'all to be inspired by.  :)


 A LONG time ago, I posted a fun collaboration idea on Facebook.  I have accumulated many pairs of eyeglasses through the years, and I thought it would be fun to host an eyeglass challenge, of sorts.

The idea behind the challenge is to use the glasses in any type of project, from mixed media, to assemblage, to paper crafting, with the theme of 'Through Their Eyes'.  



For my project, I chose to go the assemblage route, and deconstruct my glasses to create a 3 dimensional shrine.    

  
I was inspired by the graphic images of the children of the revolution.  I wanted my project to reflect the pain, suffering, and lost childhood these angels of the revolution experienced.


  
I used the 'arms' of the eyeglass frame to create my shrine, with the perfect dictionary page. 


No assemblage project isn't complete without random vintage and industrial bits.  



I had SO much fun creating this project.  I love the meaning behind the image and the wonderful blend of old and new.

Want to see what the other artists created??

Hop on by these incredible blogs for more inspiration.

Keri Sallee 
Tifany DeGough
Susan Brown

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!