Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Two-fer Tuesday! Art Journaling and an ATC Trio

Hi...

Happy Tuesday!

I'm back to work today (Yuk!), but was able to spend the long weekend creating and getting some long overdue chores done.  I wish I had a 3 day weekend every week.  1 day to get the 'stuff' done, and 2 days of relaxation.  Anyone else?

Since it's Tuesday, I thought I'd give you a Two-fer - 2 projects that is.  Today's projects are brought to you by Art-C and Momenta.

Let's start with an Art Journal page.  I often create AJ pages when time is limited or I just feel the need to create 'something'.  I was preparing for my work trip to Hong Kong and China and didn't want to get over-involved in a new project, so an AJ page was the perfect solution.  

 
 Not really sure where to start or end, I started by 'putting down paint'.  :)  I love being messy and random.



Nothing complicated or over thought here.  Just playin'.

I grabbed some of the adhesive Art-C stencils and just went with the flow.  Usually when I create this way, a 'theme' or idea develops.  As I was playing with the stencils and paint, the idea of being one-of-a-kind, thus the 1 blue stenciled area came to me.



To give the stenciled areas more of a defined edge, I outlined them with a black pen, adding doodles occasionally.

   
And just like that, an AJ page was born.  :)





Art-C Products Used:
Ultra Chalk Paint - Turquoise Blue
Ultra Chalk Paint - Sand
Ultra Chalk Paint - Grey
Ultra Chalk Paint - Black


Momenta Products Used:
Deer Head Stencil
Feathers and Arrows Stencil

Now on to a trio of ATC cards!

  
I love creating ATC cards, especially trios of cards.  I love the repetition but unique qualities of each one.   To start, I gave me card bases a quick dab of gesso. I didn't want to cover the cards completely as I knew the paint would react differently on the gesso'd and non-gesso'd areas.


Now some texture with texture cream and a stencil.


  
Now color! I applied paint directly to the dried texture cream, but then gently wiped away the excess, leaving goodness in the nooks and crannies.


Now for embellishments!  Stitching with wire, stenciled canvas, molded resin casts and metal vintage findings.



 
And assembly!  ATCs are the perfect little canvas.  I find that I love the small size and am not intimidated by what to create.  





  
Art-C Products Used:
Texture Cream - Platinum
Luxe Paint Metallic - Steel
Luxe Paint Metallic - Gold
Metallic Wax Paint - Bronze
Metallic Wax Paint - Silver

Momenta Products Used:
Interlocking Squares Stencil 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderfully creative week!

1 comment:

Sanna Lippert said...

always adore your work!!! those ATC´s are gorgeous and I love your color combinations too! beautiful work, as always!

1 comment:

Sanna Lippert said...

always adore your work!!! those ATC´s are gorgeous and I love your color combinations too! beautiful work, as always!