Monday, June 27, 2016

Abstract Art with Art-C Metallic and Semi Gloss Acrylic Paints

Hi...

Happy Monday!

I've been a 'painting mode' for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying creating abstract paintings that can be displayed in my home.  

I am not a trained artist, nor can I draw or sketch, so abstract is the way to go!  I'll walk you through a brief 'how-to' to create your own abstract art.

Step One
Grab any size canvas.  No need to pre-gesso.  Randomly apply your favorite Art-C Metallic and Semi-Gloss paint with a pallet knife. (no paint brush needed)


  
Step Two
Keep adding layers of paint until you are happy with the background.  Make sure you allow the paint to dry in between layers so you don't create mud.  :)
You can also 'mark' in the paint with the tip of a paintbrush, an old credit card, or your fingers.  It creates awesome texture.


Step Three
Color block shapes, painting with your finger.  (again, no paintbrush needed).  Make the shapes as 'perfect' or imperfect as desired.  I always go the imperfect route.  ;)

    
Step Four
With a fine line paint brush or maker, edge each shape.  Add doodles, shapes, and designs with more paint and stencils, and markers/pens.






  
Step Five
Hang and enjoy!


Art-C/Momenta Stencils Used
Arrows & Stars
Flowers & Bugs
Sun, Moon, & Stars 
Feathers & Arrows 

I would love to see your abstract art!  Please share a link in a comment below so I can stop by and say Hi! 

1 comment:

Catherine Scanlon said...

What a great tutorial Tina, I love your page!! THANK you Tina!!

1 comment:

Catherine Scanlon said...

What a great tutorial Tina, I love your page!! THANK you Tina!!