Thursday, July 14, 2016

5 Words of Wisdom Mini Book

Hi...

Happy Thursday!

Wha? Wait, it's the third time I've blogged this week.  What's going on?  Ha!  

Today, I have another mini book project to share with you.  I used lots of Art-C paint mediums and stencils and just love how they work so beautifully together. 


To be honest with you, this project took many twists and turns during the creative process.  I'm not sure if it was my original color palette or design, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Have you ever experienced that?

The book started with these wood blanks. (From Hobby Lobby)


Place your favorite Momenta Adhesive Stencil (I used the Flowers & Bugs stencil set) on each wood blank and apply White Stencil Paint over each stencil.


Once the stencil paint is dry, apply various colors of Art-C Metallic Luxe Paint.  It has a gorgeous shimmer built right in!

(yes, this is how the first layer looked)


This is where I got lost in the creative process, adding layers of Luxe paint, Art-C Metallic Paste, and Art-C Ultra Chalk acrylic paint.

(p.s. I used to be addicted to Viva Decor Wax Paste, but the new Art-C Metallic Paste is my new fave!  It is smooth, rich, and covers very well) 


 
I ended with a monochromatic color palette, with a focus on silver metallic and black.  



In addition to the bugs and flowers design, I added an adhesive number stencil to each blank page.  I really love how the adhesive stencils work on these wood blanks. They stick and don't move when applying the paint.





To finish my book, I added 5 hand-stamped words of encouragement. I can flip the book each day as a reminder.  :)




What have you created this weekLeave me a link below and I'll check it out!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

No comments: