Thursday, July 28, 2016

Inspired by Fall - Using Your Stencils to Create Wall Hangings

Hi...

Happy Thursday!

I am up today over at the StencilGirl Talk Blog with one of this month's 'Throw Back Thursday' projects.

My project is inspired by the 'Leaf Poetry Stencil' and fall-time, which is my favorite season.


 I've been creating like a mad-women to fill the walls of my new house with art, memories, and little bits of me scattered all around.

Since fall is my favorite time of the year, I thought it would be fun to create a wall hanging that will be perfect when September rolls around.  ;)

Using eco-dyed fabric as a base for my project, I ripped several evenly sized squares.  These will be my mini painted canvases.

 
 Using Pebeo Fabric paint, I stenciled various leaf shapes to each square, using a variety of fall-inspired colors.



Since no handmade project is complete without stitching, I added embroidery floss to the outside edge of each square.


And a vintage bone button for more of an old time feel.





I layered each painted square over eco-dyed lace and felt and a few beads for fun.  


 I added a blanket stitch around the entire hanging, both to hold everything together and for an added element of design.


  Now it's ready for fall!  

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to stop on over to the StencilGirl Blog for more TBT Inspiration!

3 comments:

anna said...

Tina, this has me wanting to tackle a sewing project! So beautiful! You made the stencil shine! I love the wrapping of wire and beads around the little twigs! :)

Carol Baxter said...

Absolutely lovely!

Diane Baker-Williams said...

So inspired by your wall hanging I purchased the stencil and material to make my own. Thank you for sharing!

3 comments:

anna said...

Tina, this has me wanting to tackle a sewing project! So beautiful! You made the stencil shine! I love the wrapping of wire and beads around the little twigs! :)

Carol Baxter said...

Absolutely lovely!

Diane Baker-Williams said...

So inspired by your wall hanging I purchased the stencil and material to make my own. Thank you for sharing!