Friday, August 12, 2016

Using Stencils with Terracotta Clay

Hi...

Happy Friday!  Today, I am up on the StencilGirl blog with FOUR new projects!  Yup, that is the number 4!

If you want a short tutorial on how I created each project, you'll have to hop on over to the StencilGirl blog for the details, but in the meantime, here's some peeks at each project.

It all started with this piece of clay, which is a project in itself.

   
Pieces of this stenciled clay piece, was transformed into these four projects.

Fabric Mini Book
Can you spy the clay and stenciled pieces?













   
Head vs. Heart Wall Hanging
  




Look closely for the clay fragments.

Bloom Mini Canvas




and last but not least...

Face Art

This project doesn't use the clay fragments, but uses the same design technique.  Just different stencil.






I guess when you are on roll, you are on a roll!   :)

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a terrific day!

4 comments:

femminismo said...

Great work! You inspire me.

femminismo said...

Great work! You inspire me.

Diana Gabriella said...

What a beautiful and fun idea that turned into so many!!

Mary Thoma said...

Did you fire the clay or did I miss that part? I love clay too, just don't want to deal with baking/firing it. Your self expression through so many mediums is so beautiful. Like you I have so many paths in media I want to pursue, do you set out to work an idea in multiple mediums or do your ideas unfold spontaneously?

4 comments:

femminismo said...

Great work! You inspire me.

femminismo said...

Great work! You inspire me.

Diana Gabriella said...

What a beautiful and fun idea that turned into so many!!

Mary Thoma said...

Did you fire the clay or did I miss that part? I love clay too, just don't want to deal with baking/firing it. Your self expression through so many mediums is so beautiful. Like you I have so many paths in media I want to pursue, do you set out to work an idea in multiple mediums or do your ideas unfold spontaneously?