Monday, September 19, 2016

Carefree and Colorful Art Journal Page

Hi...

Happy Monday!

Today, I would like to share with you a carefree and colorful art journal page.  Art Journaling is my go-to creative outlet when I am limited for time, or when I just need to put paint and ink to paper.  I find comfort and quiet when journaling, and the forgiving nature of a sheet of paper.


The background begins like most art journal spreads, with a coat of gesso. After the gesso has dried, I applied a sheet of vintage music paper to the page with matte medium.  Instant texture!

Now for color!  A few swipes of Art-C Heavy Body Semi Gloss paint with a palette knife is the perfect look!

My colors of choice are:
Teal
 Yellow
Purple



 Once the paint had dried, I stenciled over the edges of the page with Art-C Heavy Body Semi Gloss paint in Black and White.  
(Stencil used is: Interlocking Squares)



 I adhered torn strips of Art-C Deli Paper over the music paper as a place for more stenciling.
(Stencils used are:  Love You To The Moon)


 
To finish, I added my journaling in the exposed sections.


Do you art journal?  If yes, what inspires you?

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!
   

1 comment:

anna said...

Love your page!! I love exploring the patterns and colours I see everywhere via my art journals!

1 comment:

anna said...

Love your page!! I love exploring the patterns and colours I see everywhere via my art journals!