Thursday, September 29, 2016

Patchwork Art Journal Page

Hi...

Happy Thursday!  Today is Throwback Thursday over at the StencilGirl Talk blog.  Each month, the Creative Team creates amazing projects using some of the 'oldie but goodie' stencils.  

 I wanted to challenge myself to create an art journal page using just one stencil, combined with various art journal techniques.  I really love how this art journal process turned out.  Before we talk about the steps, let's check out the completed page. 


I wanted to try some ideas that had been rolling around in my head, so let's see where I started.

Step One
Cover page with black gesso.

   
Step Two
Cut a pattern out of scrap paper, think 'paper snowflake'.


  
Step Three
Using modeling paste, stencil over cut shape.  The though is that you will end up with only a stenciled shape.


  
Step Four
This wasn't exactly the look I was going for, so let's add some paint.  Randomly paint with a pallet knife.


 Step Five
To be honest, I was stuck.  I was loving the color combination and the texture, but wasn't sure what to do next.  SO....I resorted to an ole' standby.  Let's cut it up!


 Step Six
Let's put it back together again, but in a random combination.  I stitched the page back together and was now lovin' how this was looking.



 Step Seven
Add more texture with the same stencil, as well as hand drawn doodles and coloring.


I added my journaling and done!

StencilGirl Stencil Used
 Grid A1

Thank you for stopping by!  Be sure to hop on over to the StencilGirl Talk blog for more creative inspiration!
   

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, this is incredible. I love the colors and textures. Never would have thought of cutting it up and putting it back together. Fabulous!

Kathy Adams said...

Love the color combo! I cut something apart recently and it looked so much better! Love this project!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, this is incredible. I love the colors and textures. Never would have thought of cutting it up and putting it back together. Fabulous!

Kathy Adams said...

Love the color combo! I cut something apart recently and it looked so much better! Love this project!