Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Starting from the Same Place Artist Collaboration

Hi...

Happy Tuesday!

I have a very special post for y'all today that has taken several months from inception to completion and I am so happy with how it turned out.

For the past several years, I periodically host collaborations on Facebook.  I really love creating art with my art sisters and occasionally the collaborations involve traveling art which is always a highlight.

The idea behind the latest collaboration was to create a project using the same materials and products.  When the idea was posted on FB, I was overwhelmed with the response and it truly made my heart full of joy!  There is over 60+ artists who are participating and the creativity is out of this world!

Here's a peek at what we were sent.

 Most of the items were from my own stash, but several of my friends also contributed to the 'kits'.  I would like to say a special Thank You to the following for helping create an amazing collab.  

Camille McCoy, Mitra Pratt, Kristie Taylor, Diana Gabriella, Katrina Hunt, Laura Mooney, Susan Brown, and Candy Rosenberg. 

In addition, we had two wonderful sponsors who donated product to the kits:  Beacon Adhesives and Amazing Casting Products. Thank you!

When putting the 'kit' together, I didn't have an end project in mind.  I just went through my stash, pulling items that I thought would challenge and engage the artists. As I sat staring at the items, my mind immediately went to 'mini book', BUT, I wanted to do something different!  And boy, I did!  :)

  
Your initial reaction might think, 'Oh, that's creepy' or 'Oh, that's weird', but I like creepy and weird, so this is totally me!  

Using the fabric pieces, I constructed a body and head.  

   
  Using bits and pieces from the kit (I used all but one item from the kit.  I am so proud of myself), I added embellishments, decorations, and elements to my doll.  In an odd way, the randomness made it all co-hesive.  


 
I used the resistors parts as 'hair', which really turned my doll into something unique.


The only added parts are the face from Relics & Artifacts, and resin molded arms and legs from my own stash. 


But because I ♥♥♥ creating mini books, I took the leftover parts to create one.  




 











It's rustic, organic, and speaks to me on many levels.

Are you ready for more inspiration?  Just check out this graphic for snippets of each project!  Whoa!


Please, please, please, visit each artist's blog and for those who don't blog, they will also be sharing their projects on Facebook and IG.  Please be looking for them.  :)


Also, I am giving away two of these 'kits' to two lucky readers. Please comment below for a chance!

  Thank you for stopping by!  Want to participate in our next collaboration?  Be sure and find me on Facebook and watch my feed!  
 

28 comments:

Katie smith said...

I LOVE your mini book, Tina!

Moongirl said...

The doll is so cool and I ADORE the mini book!

Lynne Forsythe said...

I just LOVE your doll and mini....your creations so inspire me!!! Thank you SOOO MUCH Tina for all your hard work putting this #artistcollab together.

kristie said...

I thank you so much for including me in this adventure! I love both of your awesome creations, but especially the doll, it's so wacky and cool it's perfect!

Sarah Lynch said...

Thanks for letting me join in, so challenging but fun! LOVE your doll, totally up my alley and the mini book is really cool too!!!

Suz said...

Not creepy at all! I adore the book!

Anne Marie Fowler said...

Excellent creativity here! Thank you for sharing. Would love to try my hand at using the pieces in amazing ways. :-)

Martha Richardson said...

I love your doll & mini book. I think it definitely expresses where you are in you artistic journey! Thanks for letting me play along! xoxo

Jacqui said...

Your doll is so 'out there'! It totally rocks!

Erin Reed said...

amazing doll!

Annie Coe said...

Tina, the doll is so inventive and the book is awesome. Thanks for everything.xoxo

StampingbugKerry said...

Such a gorgeous "creepy doll". I love her angelic halo. To me, it looks like an icon in some sense. I love the gorgeous dangly appendages and really love the additional mini-book that you created. I suuurre wish I was able to just rub my hand all over it. The texture and vintage/grungy color is just divine! :) Thanks so much for the opportunity to create with these goodies! I can't wait for the next collab!

Maria McGuire said...

I love your doll and creative use of all the products!!! Thank you so much for picking my stencil design to be in your kit!

Monica D said...

Very awesome Tina. So much inspiration here. I love seeing all of the different outcomes from the same starting point. Really amazing. I want to win so I can rock something out of the park with these supplies, but good luck to everyone :D
Thanks sweets
x0x0x
Monica

michelle hodges said...

Thanks for allowing me to join in on this fun and creative challenge!!
Love your doll so creative and amazing! Your mini album is pretty love the vintage vibe and mixed media vibe!

annette said...

thank you Tina for the inspiration & conception of the this collaboration .. love your creepy doll .. so creative .. & as for your mini .. WOWEE !!! fantabulous x

Sanna Lippert said...

Your creations are amazing!!! I love the mini and the doll is very artsy 😎 it's always fun to create with you 😊 miss ya!!

Jean said...

This is an amazing collaboration! Such a unique doll! Love the album. I am a new follower! Thank you for the inspiration!

by belle said...

TINA!! I was so happy to participate in this collaboration with all of these talented artsy folks! You creations, as always, are amazing!!

Carol Baxter said...

WOW. That is a wonderful doll! Truly amazing and thoughtfully made and just wonderful!

Diana Gabriella said...

A cool weird doll and a fab mini book from that little baggie! Your talents never cease to amaze me 😍

Diana Gabriella said...

A cool weird doll and a fab mini book from that little baggie! Your talents never cease to amaze me 😍

Christy Strickler said...

As always, I love your work. I find it so incredibly inspiring!

geri said...

it is always amazing to see how artists use simple items to make gorgeous creations.
Love the book and the mini book.

LauraB said...

What a cool collaboration and an excellent way to encourage more art! I have just discovered you via Stampington's Fall Art Journaling issue, and really like your style. Happy Autumn.

Krisy Podolak said...

Wow! A great use of all the kit. I like creepy and weird too

Karen P said...

Found you via Yvonne Yam and very happy I did as will now be following and have sent a friend request on Facebook, thank you for the gorgeous inspirations and although your art is a little out there I think it's incredible too x

An Zeelmaekers said...

This is so original! I love it. (i just love all of your work)

28 comments:

Katie smith said...

I LOVE your mini book, Tina!

Moongirl said...

The doll is so cool and I ADORE the mini book!

Lynne Forsythe said...

I just LOVE your doll and mini....your creations so inspire me!!! Thank you SOOO MUCH Tina for all your hard work putting this #artistcollab together.

kristie said...

I thank you so much for including me in this adventure! I love both of your awesome creations, but especially the doll, it's so wacky and cool it's perfect!

Sarah Lynch said...

Thanks for letting me join in, so challenging but fun! LOVE your doll, totally up my alley and the mini book is really cool too!!!

Suz said...

Not creepy at all! I adore the book!

Anne Marie Fowler said...

Excellent creativity here! Thank you for sharing. Would love to try my hand at using the pieces in amazing ways. :-)

Martha Richardson said...

I love your doll & mini book. I think it definitely expresses where you are in you artistic journey! Thanks for letting me play along! xoxo

Jacqui said...

Your doll is so 'out there'! It totally rocks!

Erin Reed said...

amazing doll!

Annie Coe said...

Tina, the doll is so inventive and the book is awesome. Thanks for everything.xoxo

StampingbugKerry said...

Such a gorgeous "creepy doll". I love her angelic halo. To me, it looks like an icon in some sense. I love the gorgeous dangly appendages and really love the additional mini-book that you created. I suuurre wish I was able to just rub my hand all over it. The texture and vintage/grungy color is just divine! :) Thanks so much for the opportunity to create with these goodies! I can't wait for the next collab!

Maria McGuire said...

I love your doll and creative use of all the products!!! Thank you so much for picking my stencil design to be in your kit!

Monica D said...

Very awesome Tina. So much inspiration here. I love seeing all of the different outcomes from the same starting point. Really amazing. I want to win so I can rock something out of the park with these supplies, but good luck to everyone :D
Thanks sweets
x0x0x
Monica

michelle hodges said...

Thanks for allowing me to join in on this fun and creative challenge!!
Love your doll so creative and amazing! Your mini album is pretty love the vintage vibe and mixed media vibe!

annette said...

thank you Tina for the inspiration & conception of the this collaboration .. love your creepy doll .. so creative .. & as for your mini .. WOWEE !!! fantabulous x

Sanna Lippert said...

Your creations are amazing!!! I love the mini and the doll is very artsy 😎 it's always fun to create with you 😊 miss ya!!

Jean said...

This is an amazing collaboration! Such a unique doll! Love the album. I am a new follower! Thank you for the inspiration!

by belle said...

TINA!! I was so happy to participate in this collaboration with all of these talented artsy folks! You creations, as always, are amazing!!

Carol Baxter said...

WOW. That is a wonderful doll! Truly amazing and thoughtfully made and just wonderful!

Diana Gabriella said...

A cool weird doll and a fab mini book from that little baggie! Your talents never cease to amaze me 😍

Diana Gabriella said...

A cool weird doll and a fab mini book from that little baggie! Your talents never cease to amaze me 😍

Christy Strickler said...

As always, I love your work. I find it so incredibly inspiring!

geri said...

it is always amazing to see how artists use simple items to make gorgeous creations.
Love the book and the mini book.

LauraB said...

What a cool collaboration and an excellent way to encourage more art! I have just discovered you via Stampington's Fall Art Journaling issue, and really like your style. Happy Autumn.

Krisy Podolak said...

Wow! A great use of all the kit. I like creepy and weird too

Karen P said...

Found you via Yvonne Yam and very happy I did as will now be following and have sent a friend request on Facebook, thank you for the gorgeous inspirations and although your art is a little out there I think it's incredible too x

An Zeelmaekers said...

This is so original! I love it. (i just love all of your work)