Thursday, November 17, 2016

Throwback Thursday - StencilGirl Stencils - Getting my Art Journaling on.

Hi...

Happy Thursday!

Today, it's Throwback Thursday over on the StencilGirl blog and my project is an Art Journal page that you can create, even if you can't draw.


 To create the base of my page, apply a magazine add to your paper using matte medium.  Choose a page with a large face or person.
 

Place the large 'Segments' stencil over the image and apply paint. I love to use cosmetic sponges for paint application.  It allows you to control the thickness and placement of the paint much more than a brush.


  
 Once dry, add your own unique doodles, drawings, and journaling.  In areas where the paint covered the models face and hands, I drew the missing pieces for a doodled effect.


 I also enhanced her face with random markings and paint.  


Even though I can't draw, especially faces, you would never know by looking at my finished page.  I love how easy it is to 'draw' using magazine cutouts as a guide.  :)  And the stenciling added my own unique twist to the face.  Perfect!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

No comments: