Thursday, January 26, 2017

About Face!

Hi...

Happy Thursday and Happy Throwback Thursday with StencilGirl!

Throwback Thursday's feature some of the oldie but goodie stencils from StencilGirl.   Have you seriously checked out their selection?  It's HUGE!

Today's stencil feature is 'Face Map 3/4 view'.  This stencil is extra special because it also includes 2 types of masks besides the stencil. Basically a three for one!


As with most of my projects, what my brain envisions never turns out...but instead of being sad and frustrated, I embrace the uncertainty and keep moving on.

My original thought was to create a Warhol-like wood panel.  So I initially grid off the panel with artist tape and flipped the stencil over to create 4 separate images.  (I used modeling paste for dimension)

 

   
I wasn't feeling great about how it looked, so I put both feet (or hands) in and stenciled many more faces, flipping the stencil over so they were facing different directions.

  
You can still see the original grid pattern, but it is somewhat concealed among the faces.  I painted each face in neutral colors, outlining the lines with an All Stabilo pencil.



The faces were still a bit flat, so I scribbled inside each one with a white paint marker and complete!  Here's a picture of what they looked like before the scribbles.  I think the scribbles added that little bit of somethin' somethin'.  :)


And the finished piece.


It's funky, fun, and all about the face!  Ha!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Have a great one!  

2 comments:

Kaye said...

fabulous Tina!

Annette Reed said...

I always look at Stencil Girl's blog posts that I subscribed too but I very rarely like what I see. That said-I really enjoyed this piece of art. There's just something about interspersing the heads with other stenciling that I just really liked. This is a cool stencil and mask set and you did a great job with it.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

fabulous Tina!

Annette Reed said...

I always look at Stencil Girl's blog posts that I subscribed too but I very rarely like what I see. That said-I really enjoyed this piece of art. There's just something about interspersing the heads with other stenciling that I just really liked. This is a cool stencil and mask set and you did a great job with it.