Tuesday, January 3, 2017

One Stencil, Three Projects!

Hi...

Happy Tuesday!  Tina here today with my latest StencilGirl Project, or should I say trio of projects!?!?

When I sit down to create, I am usually inspired by a new product or technique.  When I got my latest shipment of StencilGirl stencils, the Wolf stencil by Roxanne Cable was part of my order. I just knew I wanted to create with it, but wasn't sure what to make. Because I was itching to create, I started by adding random spritzes of spray mist over the stencil.  I used several sheets of deli paper just in case I wanted to use the stenciled paper as collage.

Special Note:  I used both the positive and negative of the stencil.  You get two totally different looks.

  
Not really knowing what to do next, I added random machine stitching to each page, in various decorative stitches.

  
 One two of my pages, I also added line work with a graphic pencil, sealing with a spray fixative to ensure it wouldn't smear or blend.

I also used the stencil on several scraps of fabric, using fabric paint.  I decided I would use these as the cover of a  mini book.


I am often inspired by song lyrics, as they express my thoughts and feelings where I struggle with the words.  For the journaling in my book, I used lyrics from the song 'Where I stood' by Missy Higgins. I choose several lyrics that had a special meaning to me and added them to each page.




    For more interest, I also added hand stitching to several pages  I love the little bits of dimension and contrast.




 
 For the covers, I used additional stencils for a different look.  They include:

Circle Play
Earth Song Symbols 2 
Pickleweed Mini 




I got so inspired by my mini, I wanted to keep creating.  I've been obsessed with using clay in my art projects, so I used the Wolf stencil to create some customized clay embellishments.



Using the clay embellishments, I created two mixed media projects.








  
Do you ever get inspired by a stencil?  I'd love to see your creations!

Thanks for stopping by!   

1 comment:

teri reed said...

Tina, your work is amazing and more importantly your thought process behind it has drawn me in. Thank you for your posts, I look forward to many more❤️

1 comment:

teri reed said...

Tina, your work is amazing and more importantly your thought process behind it has drawn me in. Thank you for your posts, I look forward to many more❤️