Monday, January 30, 2017

The Dark One

Hi...and Happy Monday!

Today, I will be sharing a new PaperWhimsy Amazing Alterable project.  I've titled her 'The Dark One' and hope you love her as much as I do.  :)


Monochromatic projects are really eye catching and fun to create.  Just because you are working with 1 general color, there are ways to make each section different and unique.

To begin, I prepped all surfaces with black gesso.  It really helps when going for a darker look.  For the base of my lady, I applied black paste with a stencil to create texture.  After that had dried, I spritzed the surface with black spray mist that had a silvery shimmer.


Several pieces got a coating of black glitter for more sparkle and shine.  To create definition of all components, I sanded the edges allowing the base color of the alterable to show through.  


 Other components were given a layer of metallic antique gold paint, which was rubbed off, revealing shapes, indentations, and crevices while still retaining the monochromatic look.




  Using a 1 or 2 color palette really simplifies the creative process.  You don't get overwhelmed with what colors to use and if they coordinate or not, one of the main reason I really enjoy this technique.

PaperWhimsy Products Used
Curious Doll 01  
Flat Automation
Gothic Banner 02, Med
Curious Sepolcrale Winged, Large
Fancy Escutcheons
Curious Decorative Stand

Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful, wintery week!
 

1 comment:

Christi Conley said...

Her name alone speaks to me. . .

1 comment:

Christi Conley said...

Her name alone speaks to me. . .